Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by georgehvac View Post
    I called robinair product support and they couldnt find the inlet size- go figure. Same with aa. I ordered a 1/2" npt 1/2" flare tee off fleabay for 6$ to give a try. If it doesn't fit, no big loss.
    It is. Sorry I could not post earlier but I just got back from celebrating Aunt and Uncle's 40th anniversary.

I looked it up and you are right..1/2" tapered thread.

Strange AA could not help you...did you talk to Jeremiah? I have the same pump and he knows that thing inside out and they are an authorized Robinair service center.

Well its not 1/2" npt. Its to big.

Well its not 1/2" npt. Its to big.
    Your 15550 is different than mine than. I have noticed that the older Robbie's like mine specs are a little different
    and the diffs don't show up on the specs sheets.

For instance, my sight glass has a gasket and threads in...newer models are pressed in. My intake is 1/2" tapered.....Sorry I could not help.

No worries, I appreciate the help. This is the full reply email that I just received from robinair when trying to get the specs. What a joke!

"This pump come from China and they do not give us the specs on the fitting that you are asking about, the best thing i would be for you to do is take it to a hardware store and try to match it up that way."

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
    Bobbi
    Bosch Automotive Aftermarket
    Automotive Service Solutions
    Customer Service (AA-AS)

28635 Mound Rd
    Warren, MI 48092
    USA
    www.bosch.com
    Tel. +1-800-533-6127
    Fax: +1-800-283-8665
    S2.AMER.inquiry@spx.com

No worries, I appreciate the help. This is the full reply email that I just received from robinair when trying to get the specs. What a joke!

"This pump come from China and they do not give us the specs on the fitting that you are asking about, the best thing i would be for you to do is take it to a hardware store and try to match it up that way."

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
    Bobbi
    Bosch Automotive Aftermarket
    Automotive Service Solutions
    Customer Service (AA-AS)

28635 Mound Rd
    Warren, MI 48092
    USA
    www.bosch.com
    Tel. +1-800-533-6127
    Fax: +1-800-283-8665
    S2.AMER.inquiry@spx.com
    WTH????? Robinair is owned by Bosch now?

I just talked to Jeremiah at AA Hydraulic. Yours is a China made pump and there is no uniformity to the parts, every pump coming off the line could be any size intake.

But Jeremiah said that most are 1/2 coarse Tapered pipe thread.

Mine was American made and and has a straight thread and an O ring to seal it (yeah, I screwed up).

I would suggest a coarse thread brass nipple And an adapter from JB or YJ and a tee from them also.

Jeremiah also said this is the consequences of buying a very inexpensive pump (cheap).

Try to stick with an American made Robbie. Jeremiah probably has some re-fabed or abandoned Robbies you could pick up cheap. This is my suggestion not his. If you want his number email me (any body).
    Add at gmail to my name.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12