+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tee for robinair 15500 vacuum pump

Post Likes

tee for robinair 15500 vacuum pump

I have a robinair 15500 that im looking to up size the tee for 1/2" hoses. Any one know what size and thread type fits inside the vacuum pump? I thought it was npt, but might be acme?

Post Likes
    800 992 9898 ask for Jeremiah.

They are AA Hydraulic Dervice. An authorized Roinair servicer.

I got my tee from them. Was a little pricey but I know I got the right part.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by georgehvac View Post
    I have a robinair 15500 that im looking to up size the tee for 1/2" hoses. Any one know what size and thread type fits inside the vacuum pump? I thought it was npt, but might be acme?

Where are U in MI? Im in Macomb.

Post Likes

FYI, if you go Appion hoses on 1/2 " you will only need 3/8" tee. Found that out the hard way. My tee is 1/1x1/2 with 3/8 reducers.

Hope this helps.

Post Likes
    Hey hvac5646- Im in Livonia enjoying the heat wave. Just checked my yj hoses, the're 1/2" flares.

Post Likes
    I called aa but they were closed. Ill try again wed. Thanks for the help!

Post Likes
    I called aa but they were closed. Ill try again wed. Thanks for the help!
    good. go for the 1/2" tee in that case.

Post Likes
    I remember going through this. What size thread goes directly into the pump.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    I remember going through this. What size thread goes directly into the pump.
    Can't remember the name of the thread ...but I know for sure it as tapered and the size was either 3/8 or 1/2.

Post Likes
    Hi George, I have a robinair 15444 VacuMaster & the thread into the vac pump is 7/8"ONO which is Dash 14 = 7/8"UNF &14TPI, parallel thread with O Ring champher in the pump. Cheers - Leigh

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by LeighC View Post
    Hi George, I have a robinair 15444 VacuMaster & the thread into the vac pump is 7/8"ONO which is Dash 14 = 7/8"UNF &14TPI, parallel thread with O Ring champher in the pump. Cheers - Leigh
    I don't think that is the same as the one the gent is talking about...I would post the intake opening but I have to find my manual.

I found it on Google.

Post Likes
    I called robinair product support and they couldnt find the inlet size- go figure. Same with aa. I ordered a 1/2" npt 1/2" flare tee off fleabay for 6$ to give a try. If it doesn't fit, no big loss.

Post Likes
    Thanks Leigh. It looks like 15500 is smaller than 7/8.

Post Likes
    I called robinair product support and they couldnt find the inlet size- go figure. Same with aa. I ordered a 1/2" npt 1/2" flare tee off fleabay for 6$ to give a try. If it doesn't fit, no big loss.
    It is. Sorry I could not post earlier but I just got back from celebrating Aunt and Uncle's 40th anniversary.

I looked it up and you are right..1/2" tapered thread.

Strange AA could not help you...did you talk to Jeremiah? I have the same pump and he knows that thing inside out and they are an authorized Robinair service center.

Post Likes
    Well its not 1/2" npt. Its to big.

Post Likes
    Well its not 1/2" npt. Its to big.
    Your 15550 is different than mine than. I have noticed that the older Robbie's like mine specs are a little different
    and the diffs don't show up on the specs sheets.

For instance, my sight glass has a gasket and threads in...newer models are pressed in. My intake is 1/2" tapered.....Sorry I could not help.

Post Likes
    No worries, I appreciate the help. This is the full reply email that I just received from robinair when trying to get the specs. What a joke!

"This pump come from China and they do not give us the specs on the fitting that you are asking about, the best thing i would be for you to do is take it to a hardware store and try to match it up that way."

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
    Bobbi
    Bosch Automotive Aftermarket
    Automotive Service Solutions
    Customer Service (AA-AS)

28635 Mound Rd
    Warren, MI 48092
    USA
    www.bosch.com
    Tel. +1-800-533-6127
    Fax: +1-800-283-8665
    S2.AMER.inquiry@spx.com

Post Likes
    No worries, I appreciate the help. This is the full reply email that I just received from robinair when trying to get the specs. What a joke!

"This pump come from China and they do not give us the specs on the fitting that you are asking about, the best thing i would be for you to do is take it to a hardware store and try to match it up that way."

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
    Bobbi
    Bosch Automotive Aftermarket
    Automotive Service Solutions
    Customer Service (AA-AS)

28635 Mound Rd
    Warren, MI 48092
    USA
    www.bosch.com
    Tel. +1-800-533-6127
    Fax: +1-800-283-8665
    S2.AMER.inquiry@spx.com
    WTH????? Robinair is owned by Bosch now?

I just talked to Jeremiah at AA Hydraulic. Yours is a China made pump and there is no uniformity to the parts, every pump coming off the line could be any size intake.

But Jeremiah said that most are 1/2 coarse Tapered pipe thread.

Mine was American made and and has a straight thread and an O ring to seal it (yeah, I screwed up).

I would suggest a coarse thread brass nipple And an adapter from JB or YJ and a tee from them also.

Jeremiah also said this is the consequences of buying a very inexpensive pump (cheap).

Try to stick with an American made Robbie. Jeremiah probably has some re-fabed or abandoned Robbies you could pick up cheap. This is my suggestion not his. If you want his number email me (any body).
    Add at gmail to my name.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in