Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

tee for robinair 15500 vacuum pump

I have a robinair 15500 that im looking to up size the tee for 1/2" hoses. Any one know what size and thread type fits inside the vacuum pump? I thought it was npt, but might be acme?

800 992 9898 ask for Jeremiah.

They are AA Hydraulic Dervice. An authorized Roinair servicer.

I got my tee from them. Was a little pricey but I know I got the right part.

Quote Originally Posted by georgehvac View Post
    I have a robinair 15500 that im looking to up size the tee for 1/2" hoses. Any one know what size and thread type fits inside the vacuum pump? I thought it was npt, but might be acme?

Where are U in MI? Im in Macomb.

FYI, if you go Appion hoses on 1/2 " you will only need 3/8" tee. Found that out the hard way. My tee is 1/1x1/2 with 3/8 reducers.

Hope this helps.

Hey hvac5646- Im in Livonia enjoying the heat wave. Just checked my yj hoses, the're 1/2" flares.

I called aa but they were closed. Ill try again wed. Thanks for the help!

I called aa but they were closed. Ill try again wed. Thanks for the help!
    good. go for the 1/2" tee in that case.

I remember going through this. What size thread goes directly into the pump.

Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    I remember going through this. What size thread goes directly into the pump.
    Can't remember the name of the thread ...but I know for sure it as tapered and the size was either 3/8 or 1/2.

Hi George, I have a robinair 15444 VacuMaster & the thread into the vac pump is 7/8"ONO which is Dash 14 = 7/8"UNF &14TPI, parallel thread with O Ring champher in the pump. Cheers - Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by LeighC View Post
    Hi George, I have a robinair 15444 VacuMaster & the thread into the vac pump is 7/8"ONO which is Dash 14 = 7/8"UNF &14TPI, parallel thread with O Ring champher in the pump. Cheers - Leigh
    I don't think that is the same as the one the gent is talking about...I would post the intake opening but I have to find my manual.

I found it on Google.

I called robinair product support and they couldnt find the inlet size- go figure. Same with aa. I ordered a 1/2" npt 1/2" flare tee off fleabay for 6$ to give a try. If it doesn't fit, no big loss.

Thanks Leigh. It looks like 15500 is smaller than 7/8.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast