Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Had Advent Air come out and offer 4 Tone Unit (Trane/Carrier) with all kinds of other stuff (fixing boxes and doing a few other things) and had prices from $-$.

The Guy that I originally posted about offered this below for $.
    Amana ASXC16 (4 Ton 16 Seer) for downstairs
    Amana AMVC8/ADVC8 Variable Speed Gas Furnace
    Warranty: 10 years Parts and 3 Years Labor Compressor Warranty is LIFETIME Evaporator Coil Warranty LIFETIME Heat Exchange Warranty LIFETIME Adding Attic Tent to upstairs pull down attic stairs in ceiling Changing 1/2" Filter to a new 5" Filter on OLD existing Lennox Unit that is working fine.
    Seal All Duct Work at Boxes
    New AC Base
    Wire my existing Thermostats I already bought that are compatible with my ADT Alarm System which I control from phone.
    Put Cover over outside connector

What do you guys think? Seems Fair and Lifetime Warranty on Major Parts!
    Last edited by beenthere; 04-20-2013 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Prices

Pricing or pricing discussions are not allowed. You've been told but disregard the rules.
    Heating/Cooling Services Inc.
    www.andersonhvacservice.com

Prices aren't allowed. Continued posting of prices can get your thread closed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I am very sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Won't happen again!

I apologize and am going to go with the Amana I described above.

Got the New AC Unit and Gas Furnace installed last week. I got a Great Deal, he added a 5" Filter to my existing AC Unit, added an Attic Tent, Added 3 lbs of Freon to my old unit, and did a great job.

A Co-Workers husband's father owns an AC repair Business, where he works . I sent him my quote with pricing and what I was getting and he said, that's GREAT DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy told me for upstairs that I don't need one now, but when I do, He would put a 5 Ton since the upstairs requires more to cool the house and I agree. A few said 4 ton they suggested and ultimately installed was way too big.
    However, both companies recommended a 4 ton AND I already had 2 4 ton AC Units so it seems to me that is the right one I needed.

I e-mailed him today and He said he would install the same units, BUT 5 Ton for the same price as the 4 Ton he just Installed.

My Old Unit for the Upstairs is 10 years old, but works fine (however was leaking Freon a little, i.e. the 2-3 lbs he added). There is no reason to get a New Upstairs AC Unit / Furnace NOW? Is there?????????????????

If its leaking r22 its time to start thinking about it, that stuff is skyrocketing in price. That "great deal" won't be around forever.

Yeah your right. He didn't have to give it to me as that wasn't part of his quote which was exactly what I paid him. He is just a great guy and was cool and I KNOW how expensive it is. I guess same price for a 5 Ton as the 4 Ton is a good deal. I KNOW the 5 ton is only $ bucks more, if that, but still.

I know this is a forum of guys that make their living so if anyone wants to do the next one, let me know. I am a Banker and have a customer that has 30 rental houses and SAID he has a good AC guy. My customer is actually preacher at a Church I am refinancing.

I Found the Amana Units On-Line at a place called DJ's and I am sure I can get them locally. I KNOW the install is important, but I am sure this guy would know how to do it. He said he would change me a small amount to Install the Units I buy myself. is that smart to do since I already know what I want and all they would be doing is installing the 2 units; the AC and Gas Furnace?
    Last edited by beenthere; 04-30-2013 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Price

Bigger is not always better.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12