Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ECtofix View Post
    There are plenty of others here that are willing to help once they're certain of your trade. There's allot that can be learned here to make you better at what you do. So - stick with it.
    When google contains 80% of what I am after my need to stick around is slim...I work 70 hours a week and have a family so I really dont need something else to take up my time.

Heres a quick background Im new to commercial refrigeration though the same principals apply. I work on appliances and HVAC equipment. I own an HVAC business in a town of 8000 people, I am the only HVAC company in this town that checks air flow, cleans coils, uses digital gauges and super heat/sub cool to check a system charge.

I left the industry once and pursued architecture because of arrogant people. Which is why I don't typically hire previously experienced service techs, Ill take grads and train them.

Ill get the component information off the walk in tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ECtofix View Post
    Ya gotta look past such responses. Many here will test you on your qualifications when you're new. Too many come here that are DIYers - so the regulars get testy. However, stick around and get past their "indoctrination" and those "special" one's who relish in waving their finger in accusation.

There are plenty of others here that are willing to help once they're certain of your trade. There's allot that can be learned here to make you better at what you do. So - stick with it.
    You said testy

Sounds low on charge. Sounds like the noise you hear is the txv wide open and the refrigerant is rushing thru it. As far as setting a unit for year round operation providing EVERYTHING is sized properly, The only thing that needs to be set are pressure controls. All that said, the customer called you out for a reason. Was it the noise or the temp? Is the condenser coil clean? How long is the line set? Did you take the box temp with your thermometer or the one on the box? You never mentioned a head pressure control. What type? A fan cycle could be clear some of the time and could explain the intermittent noise inside the evap. You could have a leak in the evap , again a fan cycle could explain the intermittent noise.

And I'm one of the d-bags who makes cruel comments so consider yourself warned
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    You said testy
    And I'm one of the d-bags who makes cruel comments so consider yourself warned
    i wouldn't expect anything less from a union guy

You came in here stating you have 8 yrs experience. Yet you don't know a discharge line from a liquid line! Come on! If you said you were a newbie which most likely you are. I wouldn't have even said anything! But anyways it sounds like your liquid line contains some gas instead of all liquid!

Here my guess! To what's going on. Tech goes into walk-in hears the headmaster valve in full by-pass. Goes up to the unit! Shuts it off for a minute! Turns it back on and headmaster comes out of bypass and SG then clears up! But, then it fails again overnight when the temps drop!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MSCO View Post
    i wouldn't expect anything less from a union guy
    Now those coments will get you real far. 8 years in the field maybe, 8 years experance i dought it.

Yes im UNION and damm proud of it, Im also a member of the NRA got a problem with that.

Maybe its a communication skills issue, but from what you posted its hard to believe "8 years experience". As I said maybe you just don't communicate well. I agree low charge seems to fit the data.

Did you close the king valve and watch the sight glass? It should begin to empty out within a few moments.
    If it does empty out, now you know you were full. if you are full, but with suction at 30psi, you likely have a TEV issue. High SH, low psi, you could be starving the evap and overheating the compressor in the process. All fundamental issues here. Now get to it.

Now I have a bunch of AC questions....how do you like 407C?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    That box temperature is really low for a cooler, are we going for the coldest beer in town type thing or what?
    YEAH!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12