islam book holy quran miracles - Page 5
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    read this article carefully then give me your evidence
    http://www.missionislam.com/science/book.htm

Well, believing is not knowing.

I do not doubt that you believe.

I just happen to also know that you do not know and you cannot know.

Knowledge = JTB = Justified True Belief

For something to be knowledge it must be true, it must be believed and the belief and that it is true must both be justified independently.

Belief on its own is nothing - nothing at all - it is as good as faith - it has no epistemic value whatever. None whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Before you can prove the existence of god you must have a definition of god. What is your definition or description of god?
    this is my definition
    http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/195/
    http://islam.about.com/od/godallah/a/god.htm

Quote Originally Posted by thermophysics View Post
    There can be no evidence for gods.

No person could possibly know what would be evidence for the existence of gods.

If I see markings on the table and floor that might be of mice I can compare the marking to those known to be made by mice and from this comparison determine the degree of likelihood that mice were here.

But no event, occurrence, object or experience could ever count as evidence for the presence or past presence of gods - because we humans have absolutely no catalogue of the sorts of markings gods make or leave behind. We could never take something thought to be evidence of gods and compare it to actual catalogued markings made by gods.

Therefore nothing at all is known of gods - no one ever has known anything about gods - not even Moh'd himself.

And from everything I have read about Jesus - he was a humanist atheist like me who also knew nothing of any god.

Sorry, Kefah, but there is no evidence available at all for the present or past existence of gods.

There is better evidence that grass is gred and not green. You see, gred is the colour grass actually is which is green now but after the year 2100 grass will be red. If you want evidence that grass is gred then go look for yourself because if I am right that grass is gred then you will find that right now grass is also green. All green grass is pure scientific evidence that grass is in fact gred.

Also, did you know that bodies dropped will only fall to the ground when observed and if never observed by anyone they do not drop? Well, this theory has been proven millions of times - go look yourself - you will see that all objects held above the ground before being released will only ever fall to the ground if actually observed in some fashion otherwise if nobody checks on them at anytime then they do not drop. This is a scientific fact - a miracle of atheism.

But for gods? Nope, there can never be any evidence - because the word evidence just means that something presented, has resemblance with something else previously presented, that shares a causal chain in a justified way - there can be no such thing regarding gods.

For something to be knowledge it must be true, it must be believed and the belief and that it is true must both be justified independently.

Belief on its own is nothing - nothing at all - it is as good as faith - it has no epistemic value whatever. None whatever.

There can be no evidence for gods.

No person could possibly know what would be evidence for the existence of gods.

If I see markings on the table and floor that might be of mice I can compare the marking to those known to be made by mice and from this comparison determine the degree of likelihood that mice were here.

But no event, occurrence, object or experience could ever count as evidence for the presence or past presence of gods - because we humans have absolutely no catalogue of the sorts of markings gods make or leave behind. We could never take something thought to be evidence of gods and compare it to actual catalogued markings made by gods.

Therefore nothing at all is known of gods - no one ever has known anything about gods - not even Moh'd himself.

And from everything I have read about Jesus - he was a humanist atheist like me who also knew nothing of any god.
    If you can't see God, why believe in Him? - Q&A - Abdur-Raheem Green

We do not even have a completed model that describes even the constituents of an atom or even an electron - yet theists think they can jump right over that hurdle onto much bigger questions like how the universe itself came into being.

That is sheer nonsense - sheer arrogance - the arrogance of theists - who cannot even give a complete explanation of atoms yet somehow know about the greater universe and its origins.

No atheist would ever claim to know such things as that there are no gods or that the universe came into existence this way or that way.

All the theist offers is reason - but as David Hume showed us - reason cannot tell us anything about the universe - matters regarding the universe are not a priori or analytic - they can only ever be discovered by experience - yet theist think they can use pure reason to explain the origins of the universe - utter nonsense.

We do not even have a completed model that describes even the constituents of an atom or even an electron - yet theists think they can jump right over that hurdle onto much bigger questions like how the universe itself came into being.

That is sheer nonsense - sheer arrogance - the arrogance of theists - who cannot even give a complete explanation of atoms yet somehow know about the greater universe and its origins.

No atheist would ever claim to know such things as that there are no gods or that the universe came into existence this way or that way.

All the theist offers is reason - but as David Hume showed us - reason cannot tell us anything about the universe - matters regarding the universe are not a priori or analytic - they can only ever be discovered by experience - yet theist think they can use pure reason to explain the origins of the universe - utter nonsense.
    I "believe" the word is agnostic.

Beliefs are formed by experiences. Not all experiences are provable. If an experience is not provable should it be considered no experience at all and nothing should be learned from it?

I have a question for you: If you were alone in the dessert, fully awake, mentally sharp and aware and a metallic disk landed in front of you and a typically depicted grey alien walk out of the vehicle, approached you, stood in front of you, looked you in the eye, allowed you to touch it, you felt its body warmth and observed the complexity of its eyes and details of its skin - it gets back it its disk vehicle and achieved mach 10 in a matter of seconds, would you consider that experience to be knowledge of non-human contact or a belief? Remember, you used four of your five senses to validate your experience yet they did not leave you with a ray gun to take to your local scientist.

Using your assertion, if you witness your wife having an affair, yet you do not take photos of the act, you do not have knowledge of anything. So my follow-on question is - how does a photo make something true? Can it not be true without the photo...or the ray gun?

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast