Ak 900----slight glitch in transducer port inlet....

I finally found a place to buy the swivel head street 90s to attach the Aks to my old Brute II manifold.

Thanks to JP and other posters for the great help.

The fittings turned out to be hydraulic fittings.

But my AKs suction side threaded connection is shorter than than the hi-side connection and the fitting wont snug up on suction side.

Both transducers look to be properly mounted and I don't know if I should risk removing the suction transducer to see if it's pushed in all the way flush. (Afraid I might void warranty).

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Yes, call Doug 250 748-1783.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTechMech View Post
    Yes, call Doug 250 748-1783.
    Thank you but,
    If that was an option open to me I would have done it by now.

If you are going to use the 90's this is a non issue
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

The AK900 is designed to be serviceable. Take the back off and see if the nut is snug that holds in the transducer. It may nit be seated all the way into the housing. Opening it up will not void the warranty. That is how you change the battery anyway.
    JLB,

Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    The AK900 is designed to be serviceable. Take the back off and see if the nut is snug that holds in the transducer. It may nit be seated all the way into the housing. Opening it up will not void the warranty. That is how you change the battery anyway.
    Yeh...O ring was pinched ...now it's seated properly...found it just before I posted this.

I know opening the back won't void the warranty...didn't know warranty allowed us to futz about inside, however.

Never saw a warranty that lenient. Next time I'll know better.

As usual, thank you Mr. Bergmann.

All mounted on my Brute II and ready to rock now.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    If you are going to use the 90's this is a non issue
    It WAS an issue. The swivel nut would not snug up because the exposed length of suction port was too short to thread tightly.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    It WAS an issue.
    I not sure how the o-ring would cause an issue like you are describing. I'll have to take a look at mine. Was the transducer in loose or tight?

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    The swivel nut would not snug up because the exposed length of suction port was too short to thread tightly.
    Um even if it was an inch off you could still pipe it with 90's

I do know the 90's are more difficult to pipe than the straights and if you are off it might seem like the nipples are not the same length when in fact it is the piping.

Either way sounds like you handled it.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I not sure how the o-ring would cause an issue like you are describing. I'll have to take a look at mine. Was the transducer in loose or tight?

Um even if it was an inch off you could still pipe it with 90's

I do know the 90's are more difficult to pipe than the straights and if you are off it might seem like the nipples are not the same length when in fact it is the piping.

Either way sounds like you handled it.
    Yeah, it's handled. Got my vac rated hoses on it and ready to do C/Cs.

The transducer was not completely seated but was held tight by the exterior nut.
    But I was not satisfied with how the swivel fit to the short suction port/nipple.
    It seemed like I was not threading it on very well. Metal to metal even, with Nylog, just didn't feel like it was threading right.

But it's done now. Lesson learned.