+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lincoln Power Grease Gun..anyone try or own this or similar?

Post Likes

Lincoln Power Grease Gun..anyone try or own this or similar?

I left Lincoln "Power Luber" out of the title, figured it would lead to a hi-jacked thread about another topic.

But I have seriously been looking at this product. I realize many of you maybe have a few zerks on a daily basis to lubricate on your rounds.
    But I seriously get my butt kicked on certain properties where there are up to ten large packaged units and trying to finagle into some grease points and then pump the gun, tiring.
    Commercial guys know what I am talking about...just a single penthouse mechanical room can get pretty tiring.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this out or something similar. I like the case most of all, keeping things clean and prevent a mess.

It is reasonably priced at about $230 bucks for the 18 volt and half that for the 12 volt.

I already have an extension hose and nice long necked angle adapter I use on my regular grease gun and can get into every tight spot I come across.

I wonder how accurate the grease output meter is? Nice to get away from guessing and actually dispense a recordable amount.

Here is a video of their newest 18v unit...tempting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w6GEtsBP5k

Post Likes
    Thought about it, but too many other things that I "must have"

Post Likes
    One of my customers has it, I've used it a few times. It does the job for those tight areas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

Post Likes
    Dont have the meteted one, but a 12v lincoln greaser and still works 6years later batteries and all. Me so tired of pumping.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by leaker2 View Post
    Dont have the meteted one, but a 12v lincoln greaser and still works 6years later batteries and all. Me so tired of pumping.
    leaker2, I am leaning towards the 12v model because of price, but I just worry about the inability to get feedback. You know how after awhile on the pumpers, we can get a feel for how much grease we are putting in on each pump? Plus you get a bit of resistance in some cases that you know that you have a well packed bearing or you actually properly penetrated the zirk fitting? Do you find that you may be over greasing or what is it that you have learned lets you know that you are actually greasing and two you know you have pumped in what you need with out too much? Too much grease is sometimes just as bad as no grease.

Post Likes
    Used to grease a semi and have done ah blower shafts. What i learned was to grease until you see it ooze out a little then some. Could do by hand pumps just power is easier and breaks grease in some fittings that are close to or beyond greasing and need to be changed out. All depends if greased reg. Or 1st time. Anyone else care to chimd in?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in