Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Is r11 or r22 standard?
    My work is mostly on 410a, so is that an issue?

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    its R11, just put the seal back on ther bottle after you calibrate your HG1-10. lasts a lot longer and wont contaminated the sensor. the cap has a built in orifice that leaks a predetermined rate. it will continue to leak 24/7 unless its sealed back up

Quote Originally Posted by Itstony View Post
    Is r11 or r22 standard?
    My work is mostly on 410a, so is that an issue?
    kinda hard to keep R22 in a liquid form at room temperature in a glass bottle that has a hole in it
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

looks like you obviously missed the part I asked a few days ago, is it resealable?
    Having never seen one, I needed to ask.
    At last I have that one answered

I wish I knew everything and no need to ask anyone anything

looks like you didnt get a vial, and i guess you didnt get the manual either.( so its used?, does it even work?) the manual states to remove the seal but doesnt say to reuse it.

you'd be suprised how many techs that have empty vials just because of that.

so...... might i recommend you get the hg10 manual. its an excellent detector when used properly, but the you need the care and feeding manual for not only calibrating and use but basice maintanance

This was not brand new, but no evidence of ever being used.
    Yes I have read through the manual and eventually relised the vial was missing.
    Everything else in tact and as stated, looks brand new.
    I am looking for a retailer in Tx for a vial so I can have one bought for me. Prob the Bacharach as its way cheaper than Jonston.
    As I do not reside in the US, I need to utilise the forum (as always) for advise, experiences and information not to hand.
    Just what forums are for really?
    Be lost without this forum.

cool, yes your LD has been built by JC, bacharach, GE, and yakawahachinaIdontrememberhowtospellit.

buy the cheepest vial you can find. they will all work. the LD is engineered to be calibrated using R11 at a leak rated the orifice in the cap allows

Just for information, the older models didn't work very good on HFC refrigerants (R410a). The newer ones are OK. I don't know how you would tell the difference between the old ones and the newer, updated ones.

R11 spans from vacuum to a handful of psi at room temperature. I don't understand how to get a controlled flow rate from it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12