Resume Advise Requested ( edditing and wording help)

i have a trane online cert block near bottom of resume. i know it may help show i am willing to put in after hours studying and training time. i just dont know if all of it is helpfull or not. i listed what i remember doing on the job on the top. i dont know if i should or not.

please.... oh experienced ones, please help

buisness owners, or person who hire. i would love your advise especially.

i attatched my resume. i think ???

thanks for your time and help

apprentice helper resume.doc

Thanks all for your time and patience

Don't take this the wrong way, but....

What are you applying for?

No where in your resume do you say what you want, only what you have done... For the record, nobody cares.

If the reader has to ask you what your looking for, why do you need a resume?

I think it should state what you are looking for first and foremost, I would also be more brief in the course studies, give enough information to them to force questions to be asked.

e.g. Have taken numerous Trane specific on line training courses. In all honesty, no one really gives two poos which ones specifically.

Here is my rule of thumb... "Don't ever put anything into a resume that you know will not be read"... I can tell you for a fact, no one is going to read each individual course you listed... I didn't.

Also, be less specific on your summary of skills, your not applying for for a position as head rocket scientist...

One grammar recommendation, "vacuuming"? Use the term "evacuating"... Mo betta

Good luck and hope you get whatever is is your looking for...

GT
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by GT Jets View Post

No where in your resume do you say what you want, only what you have done... For the record, nobody cares.

According to all of the hr and career services folks I spoke, the objective should be made clear in the cover letter, eliminating an objective bullet on the actual résumé.

Everything else is solid though. As far as online courses, try measuring them in professional development yours or continuing educations units.

"Completed 200 PDH/20 CEU in the last twelve months with various training organizations such as ASHRAE, GE, BPI, LEED, NATE etc."

It removes the need to list courses but gives a good overview.

Thanks to both of you. That is why i posted i want help. If i knew i would not ask

Thanks
    Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by artman934 View Post
    According to all of the hr and career services folks I spoke, the objective should be made clear in the cover letter, eliminating an objective bullet on the actual résumé.

Everything else is solid though. As far as online courses, try measuring them in professional development yours or continuing educations units.

"Completed 200 PDH/20 CEU in the last twelve months with various training organizations such as ASHRAE, GE, BPI, LEED, NATE etc."

It removes the need to list courses but gives a good overview.
    Cover letter, really?

Maybe if he was applying for a service managers position, not a field grunt (no offense).

Single page lean and mean imho. You want the reader to be able to make the decision at a glance, not try to weed through a mass of information that may or may not pertain to the task he/she is applying for.

Think that your resume will be among a stack of twenty, it needs to stand out and be able to be read in two minutes or less.

When you apply for the general managers position then break out the cover letter.

A good resume for field work should be;
    "Here is what I want"
    "Here is why I would be good at it"
    "Here is my experience thus far"
    "Here is a snapshot of what training I have taken"

You don't want the reader to get bored or frustrated.

Take it with a grain of salt. Sometimes less is more.

GT

Edit; I would love to hear a service managers take on this.

Every time I get a two or the page resume, it goes to the bottom if the pile, I feel you have not been working long enough to have more than one page of experience.

Thanks for the suggestions

I think it should state what you are looking for first and foremost, I would also be more brief in the course studies, give enough information to them to force questions to be asked.

e.g. Have taken numerous Trane specific on line training courses. In all honesty, no one really gives two poos which ones specifically.

Here is my rule of thumb... "Don't ever put anything into a resume that you know will not be read"... I can tell you for a fact, no one is going to read each individual course you listed... I didn't.

Also, be less specific on your summary of skills, your not applying for for a position as head rocket scientist...

One grammar recommendation, "vacuuming"? Use the term "evacuating"... Mo betta

Good luck and hope you get whatever is is your looking for...

GT
    No offense taken i posted asking for advise and criticism. Be blunt but honest. The reader at a company will think what you say.

Keep it comming
    Thanks

how is this as a currently edited resume
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by daniel87829 View Post
    how is this as a currently edited resume
    thank you

I can't tell what was changed.....

Am I missing something?
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Cover letter, really?

Maybe if he was applying for a service managers position, not a field grunt (no offense).

Single page lean and mean imho. You want the reader to be able to make the decision at a glance, not try to weed through a mass of information that may or may not pertain to the task he/she is applying for.

Edit; I would love to hear a service managers take on this.

Every time I get a two or the page resume, it goes to the bottom if the pile, I feel you have not been working long enough to have more than one page of experience.
    Given that I stated this advice came from hr managers and career services/ hiring consultants, I wouldn't sneeze at this. If its a small shop where everything goes through the service manager or owner, then sure, go lean and maybe loose the cover letter. He'll, call beforehand and ask to speak to the service manager about the position. Apparently some of them like that.

If its a larger company with a human resources department or hiring consultant doing the vetting, put a cover letter. Most of the time the resumes are sorted and selected electronically. By the time they get to the next gate keeper, they know you meet minimum requirements and then look at the cover letter for a more descriptive why but still brief overview. The cover letter can easily be a paragraph, a few bullets and your contact info.

Not that everyone does it this way, but I'll take the advice from those who handle this for a living.

Hvac Resume revised.doc

sorry i got the resume mixed up with the first

heres the new one

thanks for looking

Don't know about anyone else, but I cannot open your resume.doc.