+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trane Package Unit TXV Retrofit Kits

Post Likes

Trane Package Unit TXV Retrofit Kits

I have a customer with a Trane TSC036A3R0A1J and a TSC060A3R0A1T. The units never had the coils split and cleaned and now the inline orifices in the feed tubes to the evaporator coil are clogged with varnish. I was sure that Trane made retrofit kits to cut the short header out at the coil and replace it with feeder tubes, distributor and TXV valve. I called my local Trane store and he said he e-mailed the factory and talked to the district tech support guy but can't get an answer out of them.

Does anyone have a part number or some help on this?

Post Likes
    might wont to check on new evap .easer saID THEN DUNN

Post Likes
    http://hvac.amickracing.com/RTU%20Tr...er%20units.pdf

Check it out, Hope it helps........
    Betabass

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.

4. Likes rmdean liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtech View Post
    I have a customer with a Trane TSC036A3R0A1J and a TSC060A3R0A1T. The units never had the coils split and cleaned and now the inline orifices in the feed tubes to the evaporator coil are clogged with varnish. I was sure that Trane made retrofit kits to cut the short header out at the coil and replace it with feeder tubes, distributor and TXV valve. I called my local Trane store and he said he e-mailed the factory and talked to the district tech support guy but can't get an answer out of them.

Does anyone have a part number or some help on this?
    The easiest way to do it is to size the txv to circuit btu's, count the orifices and match it to a distributor,get a 50'?? roll of copper tubing and build your own,for the first time quote 12 hours per circuit, then after you figure the game, quote 8 hours per circuit, I use 15% in all the copper to copper joints and staybrite-8 for brass to copper , done a buttload of them that way without problems. United has all you need in stock or two days away, Trane cant even get the right parts.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the help. I will do a "build my own".

Post Likes
    I've been through a couple of build your owns. Got the guys at the supply house to size the distributor, valve, and nozzle. Prebuilt the new sporlan TXV in the shop, including the reducing couplings, if needed. Be careful when removing the old orifices from the coil. The cups are thin and brittle and tend to split if you are not careful. Its very helpful to have another man with you. One man on the torch and another removing and replacing the 3/8" tubing into the evaporator cups with the needle nose. I've also gotten into the habit of using plastic tubing on the copper tubing, to prevent rubbing. I shamelessly copied that idea from a Leibert unit I worked on. Good luck.When I completed the project, the pressures and temps. were textbook.
    Thanks, WarEgl82 (Brian) UA Local 91

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in