Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Last summer, I got around 90 or so.

I have to believe the all Wise, Powerful, Just and Karmic HVAC Gator is going to hand me my own *ss tomorrow. But tonight, boys...I'm livin' large. A temporary bachelor again; wife in DC, dishes from last night still in the sink, laundry undone (only my work shirts cleaned and ready) and all the rest of that crap she thinks is important ( and suddenly will be again to me right before I go to the airport to pick her up)...

A faithful dog, steak, burgers, beer (9'oclock PM on call rules strickly observed...residential, mild temps - pressures all good) and the Allman Brothers.

This trade has hurt my body, of this there is no doubt. But my body is just going to have to get over it.

I love this sh/*t, man. Should have started when I was twenty.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

well im at about 80 or so now with 1 day left on call. 92 degrees tomorrow and the warmest day this year so far. not sure why i am awake starting to feel the burn here. kinda starting to feel delerious here. boss wants me to work all day monday and do a night job. looks like ill be starting the week off with a 24 hr shift.

Hope you are young and getting overtime for every second over 40.

Be careful. I would be dead from exhaustion and/or the unwise decisions those hours would certainly provoke...

Been knocking down 65-80 hours a week M-F for over a month now. Wifey and kid went out of town so I worked on a Saturday today for the first time in a few months, just to get my head above the water. Put me over 90 for the week.

By the looks of my yard looks like I will be putting in some more time tomorrow.

What kinda work are you doing right now that's keeping you so busy?

My most was 99.5 hours, a week on call in January. I Have not been over 80 in a long time.

I think I make as much in a 40 hr week as I did in that long week, years ago.
    Jason

I'm doing refrigeration mostly buy a lot of ac too this time of year. I got a 15 ton install we have been doing that gave me tons of ot. I worked 24 hours nonstop on Friday putting in 100 linear ft if duct plus fire dampers and such. Today I had an ac call and another call for a rack system in alarm. Thank god for red bull or I might be dead. I'm starting to see mistakes though. After you work so much you start to miss stuff and make mistakes. I understand the work has to be done and I know I'll love my paycheck on Friday but management needs to understand what we do. Forcing me to work another 24 hour shift to wrap up an install that they are rushing cuse they underbid after an 80+ hour week is absurd that's how people get hurt.

I hate being the wining little bi*** but I believe I deserve a break I wouldn't care if they were not dropping this all mightier job on me.

24 hours straight = injury or worse. Take an hour nap in your truck if you have to.

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    I'm doing refrigeration mostly buy a lot of ac too this time of year. I got a 15 ton install we have been doing that gave me tons of ot. I worked 24 hours nonstop on Friday putting in 100 linear ft if duct plus fire dampers and such. Today I had an ac call and another call for a rack system in alarm. Thank god for red bull or I might be dead. I'm starting to see mistakes though. After you work so much you start to miss stuff and make mistakes. I understand the work has to be done and I know I'll love my paycheck on Friday but management needs to understand what we do. Forcing me to work another 24 hour shift to wrap up an install that they are rushing cuse they underbid after an 80+ hour week is absurd that's how people get hurt.
    Dude when your done your done!! The only one who can make you do more then you should is you. Call boss tell them you are going to bed, turn off pager and go home. No one to blame for mistakes or injuries from exhaustion but you. It ain't worth it brother. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy knocker View Post
    Dude when your done your done!! The only one who can make you do more then you should is you. Call boss tell them you are going to bed, turn off pager and go home. No one to blame for mistakes or injuries from exhaustion but you. It ain't worth it brother. Trust me.
    ^^^^

I've done several 36+ hour days and can tell you that, at the end of it, you're worse than useless, you're dangerous.

Maybe it is time to work out a new call rotation that doesn't give you a full week on call if you're running so crazy.

Or maybe it's time for boss-man to dig into his wallet and pony up for another man.

Quote Originally Posted by servcon View Post
    What kinda work are you doing right now that's keeping you so busy?
    Refrigeration and restaurant equipment, hot and cold side. We have three restaurant equipment sales companies and I currently do most installs and I am the only service tech at two of the locations service areas. I have more than enough work to keel me busy in the area I live. Boss man is supposed to be looking to hire new service guy for main store area, but has not happened yet. Will soon though because I told him a week ago that I ann only accepting work orders from a handful of existing customers in that area.

Problem is the stores are an hour apart and it's just to big of an area to cover. Just put a new tranny in service van a couple months ago, No since in putting all the miles on the van and keeping me behind a windshield when I have customers breathing down my neck in my backyard.

Oh well.. Time to go to work.. I just love leaving out at 4 in the a.m.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast