Thread: Carrier A/H

Carrier A/H

I am going to take a stab in the dark here so please bear with me.

I am looking for info on what I believe to be Old Carrier Air Handlers with 30-60 H.P motors around 1958-1965

The problem is someone removed all the tags and then painted over everything.

I think a small one is a Model 39P9-909 anyone familiar with these relics?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyro View Post
    I am going to take a stab in the dark here so please bear with me.

I am looking for info on what I believe to be Old Carrier Air Handlers with 30-60 H.P motors around 1958-1965

The problem is someone removed all the tags and then painted over everything.

I think a small one is a Model 39P9-909 anyone familiar with these relics?
    Thanks
    I've worked on Carrier equipment as well as others that old and older. Unfortunately you're not likely to find too much info on any piece that old. If you need to replace coils and what not, one of the only things to do is get an engineer in to size the coil and recommend a replacement coil. It's for sure not a fun job, but can and has been done. Sometimes you can get old literature from companies that have been around for a long time.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Cyro,

We do still have the literature available for all of the 39 Series AHU's and we even still list most of the parts to replace them. We probably don't have any readily available, but we do still have the information.

If you could send a picture or two, my email is in the info file, and maybe we can figure out what you have. There was also model information stamped on the fan sleds of those older units, perhaps you could check around there for any numbers?

Let us know!

Thank you gyhooyabat I will next week take pics and look for the numbers near the fan sleds. Thanks again.

Old Carrier Info.

I still have the Carrier manuals on almost all of the vintage equipment. O&M manuals, parts breakdown sheets... and the design info used in selecting components. Let me know if you don't get the info you need...
    We use to be associated with Carrier Corp. in the 50's
    Long live the 5H series...