PITOT TUBES.,for static pressure ?

With A/C season approaching,want to brush up on "air flow" info. Looking at buying some pitot tubes for my vaccum gauge. For convienance of use,are the straight.,or 90 degree bent ones better? Can CFM be calculated anyway with these? Im aware theres 2 different style.,more exspensive one also read velocity. Thanks ahead for any info.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicmuffin View Post
    With A/C season approaching,want to brush up on "air flow" info. Looking at buying some pitot tubes for my vaccum gauge. For convienance of use,are the straight.,or 90 degree bent ones better? Can CFM be calculated anyway with these? Im aware theres 2 different style.,more exspensive one also read velocity. Thanks ahead for any info.
    Unless you are doing commercial work, I would stick with the Dwyer A-303 static probes (buy 2 of them), and not a pitot tube.

You need long straight sections of duct work for the pitot tube to provide accurate results. You still have to do the math from the velocity pressure reading to determine CFM.

With the A-303 static probes, you will need the manufactures blower charts to determine CFM.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicmuffin View Post
    I think you mean for your manometer, right?

Rundawg, when you say to buy two, is that so you can use a dual-port manometer( I went cheap and bought a single). Cosmicmuffin and I must be on the same page, because I was logging on to ask the same question. John

Quote Originally Posted by tinnerjohn View Post
    Rundawg, when you say to buy two, is that so you can use a dual-port manometer( I went cheap and bought a single). Cosmicmuffin and I must be on the same page, because I was logging on to ask the same question. John
    Yes it is the reason.

It can easily be done with just one, then do the math. I just like to use two of them, and let the manometer do the math.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Thanks for info,I was hoping the straight static probes were a better choice. Also I did mean manometer,I have a 2 port. Only wish it would read (pascals). Those looking to buy,keep this in mind!

Why do you want it to read pascals?
    Chaos equals cash$$$