Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

commercial food parts suppliers?

As of now we have been using Heritage for parts, but can sometimes be a PITA to locate parts!
    Also, it seems as if the more we use them (our volume has really increased in the last 2 months), the more we have seen an increase in $$$ per part with very little mark-up to be had at list price(s).
    We order out of the fort wayne area!
    Are we missing any worthy suppliers?
    TIA
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Whaley
    Allpoints
    3wire
    Partstown
    RPM

Control supply? Just ordered a gas valve there today not sure where there out of

Just opened account with partstown, been using their app for awhile now.
    We'll check into the others.
    Thanks!!!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

We use 3wire for a lot our parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the thing i like about parts town, is they have manuals right on their website. plus when im ready to order the part, they typically have pics and availability of the part right on their website. also as far as i know they must ship as late as 7 or 8. ive placed several orders this late and got them the next day.... though i am only 3 hours from them..

Another place to keep in mind is MEI, they can repair a lot of circuit boards for most equipment. There website is www.meiinternational.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parts Town is real good. They have the most in stock of any hot-side distributor we deal with. Not to mention they have oem parts for Scotsman, Mani, Hoshi, Traulsen, Bev-Air, etc.

They ship out of Chicago, if you're in Fort Wayne, the parts would probably come the next day. They are very competative on pricing.

Calling on the phone to have them look up parts is hit and miss. Almost all our techs order online with our laptops.

Franklin Machine parts fmponline.com
    Case parts

I just can't help to ask this, so...

What are some of your opinions about Ecolab's Parts XPress?

I ask because I once worked for them. I was employed there when it was Commercial Parts & Service (home office in Indianapolis) back in 1998. Great company. Then they were acquired by Ecolab in 2000 - with service vans relabelled under a new title of the "GCS Services" logo. In 2011, they began to erase the GCS name so all would be Ecolab. Then they kicked up a new title for their parts distribution service called "Parts XPress". I left Ecolab last May (after 13 1/2 years there) due to my own business ethics conflicting with the new regime. In rapid succession, several other technicians did the same.

I have an idea what your answers might be. However...I'm just curious - not because I have any axe to grind. I left some great people behind when I left the company AND because I wore the hat for so long. At 52 years old, my list of my employers add up on one hand due to some rediculous sense of loyalty & commitment.

I've had great luck with heritage. Parts town is also great but it seems like you pay a hefty Chicago tax. I haven't tried the new Ecolab parts. Ecolab seems to have more "sales techs" now as opposed to "service techs". The old guys from commercial out of Indy were great!

Just wondering. Are you guys charging your customers list price for the parts?
    http://acfwb.com/

"The best preparation for good work tomorrow is to do good work today"

Yes we always charge list on food equipment parts. (Hobart excluded)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast