Political persuasion: Are you really who you think you are???

Hi HVAC Talk ARP posters,

We have discussed left and right, dem and rep.

But here is a little test to see if believe what you think you do:
    Enjoy!!!

POLITICAL QUIZ ( This only takes a minute)

This is a quick and interesting quiz. Take it and see if you are what you think you are politically.

You'll be asked just 10 questions, and then it instantly tells you where you stand politically. It shows your position as a red dot on a "political map" so you'll see exactly where you score.
    The most interesting thing about the Quiz is that it goes beyond the Democrat, Republican, Independent. The Quiz has gotten a lot of praise. The Washington Post said it has "gained respect as a valid measure of a person's political leanings." The Fraser Institute said it's "a fast, fun, and accurate assessment of a person's overall political views." Suite University said it is the "most concise and accurate political quiz out there."

It's at: http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html
    <http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html>

See if you land where you think you are politically.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

70% personal
    40% economic

I'm a Centrist. Like I thought.

I am sure you guys guessed about me:

Conservative and Libertarian

Personal = 60&#37;
    Economic = 90%

When I was younger the Libertarian side was not as strong. I suspect in later years it will be dominate.

Test is fun!
    Last edited by ga-hvac-tech; 02-07-2007 at 07:15 PM.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

It is fun....I'm right on the border between conservative and libertarian.

personal 50% Economic 90%
    Never knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run, he hates that.

Views expressed here are my own and not neccessarily those of any company I am affiliated with.

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 100%.
    Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 100%.

personal 60
    economic 20

just a little southwest of center. Not much of a surprise if you've read any of my posts in ARP. >Insert sarcastic inflammatory remark here<

Personal 40
    Economic 80

Exactly what I thought.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by braces4impact View Post
    Your PERSONAL issues Score is 100%.
    Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 100%.
    You cheated...

Just kidding.

I went back and played with it for a while. If one checks under agree on all 10 items, they get the score noted above.

The significant part of this test IMO is the way the questions are worded. And as usual, it is the way we interpret the wording that leads up to the answers we give.

Who is it with the signature line: Read the fine print, you will not like it???
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

This little test run by the Libertarians has been around for a while now (and certainly this is not he first time it has been posted on ARP)...

It is a ploy of the Libertarians to gain more members, by showing you on a "map" how libertairian you "are"... this is mainly aimed at "Republicans" because they are the closest to their cause...

But then again, perhaps alot of Republicans are indeed Libertarians in disguise!!!!
    Last edited by oloenneker; 02-08-2007 at 02:55 AM.

The questions are geared toward steering the answer so that you seem to support Libertarian agendas. Actually, I am probably more Libertarian thinking then Republican or Democrat, but I am also a realist who knows that being aligned with the Libertarian Party is about the same as being an Independant.

I choose to ally myself with the Republican Party but vote strictly by issues and will cross party lines no matter what the candidates party. Basically, I really resent being forced to choose a party affiliation.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

50 Personal-100 Economic Conservative Libertarion That's about what I thought I'd be. Nice test.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

70% personal
    60% economic = centrist

Have no idea what all this means...

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    The questions are geared toward steering the answer so that you seem to support Libertarian agendas. Actually, I am probably more Libertarian thinking then Republican or Democrat, but I am also a realist who knows that being aligned with the Libertarian Party is about the same as being an Independant.

I choose to ally myself with the Republican Party but vote strictly by issues and will cross party lines no matter what the candidates party. Basically, I really resent being forced to choose a party affiliation.
    IMO, a wiser man you are...

It has occured to me that it is easier to ride the wagon (being caught up in the emotions and momentum of the crowd) than it is to think for one's self.

Now having said that, it also occured to me that some may realize that after getting off the wagon, they may still not have the answers. This is IMO when some will seeks God.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8