7 years of installing, first service tech job.

7 years of installing, first service tech job.

I just signed up here, but I've been doing research on this site for a long time. I live in South Dakota and have been an installer for the last 7 years, and finally made the switch and took a service tech job a few months ago. I'm loving the challenges and the opportunity I've had to learn new things, and I really appreciate the info on this site. Specifically, the test-tool reviews/advice and some of the procedural discussions as well. I look forward to contributing myself eventually, but I really just try and absorb as much information as possible.

Thank you.
    Dr. TS

Welcome!

Get your post count up and apply for a Pro membership!

I hope to!! I'm resisting the temptation to post frivolously to do so! I've been dragging my feet for years on getting signed up, so I'm trying to re-visit some of the threads I have used regularly in the past. Love this site, though. It's been a tremendous resource for me in the past. Since some of my previous employers didn't focus much on teaching, I had to take it upon myself to get educated on the right way to do things.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorstone View Post
    I hope to!! I'm resisting the temptation to post frivolously to do so! I've been dragging my feet for years on getting signed up, so I'm trying to re-visit some of the threads I have used regularly in the past. Love this site, though. It's been a tremendous resource for me in the past. Since some of my previous employers didn't focus much on teaching, I had to take it upon myself to get educated on the right way to do things.
    Yeah don't you just hate working for a company that doesn't teach or pass down there knowledge? Then they expect you to know everything & be the best you can for them! Lol

Anyways Welcome!

Where I'm working at now is exceptionally good at teaching.. It's a very learning-friendly environment. I had just learned to always ask questions, because I'd rather appear inept once instead of doing things the wrong way 20 times before it catches up to me.

There's lots more resources and technical help in the locked pro side forums. Sign up to go pro

Definitely. ...im hoping to get signed up ASAP