Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    And they breed.........
    Quote Originally Posted by jhunter97 View Post
    That is just amazing, how someone, maybe a few people can be so brain dead to do things that way. The real sad thing is though that those people are still out there somewhere doing installs like that.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

Another Class A example of the installers not thinking of the service techs.

Quote Originally Posted by SEIDexter View Post
    Another Class A example of the installers not thinking of the service techs.
    x2

Almost looks like building maintenance piped that in! I've seen maintenance guys pipe a gas line into the drain pan before.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdcoast361 View Post
    Almost looks like building maintenance piped that in! I've seen maintenance guys pipe a gas line into the drain pan before.
    how did that work out for them?

That's a perfect example of the customer going with the lowest bidder. Customers just don't realize you get what you pay for.
    I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by RDorr92788 View Post
    how did that work out for them?
    Luckily the unit had not been started. We do change outs for the school district every summer ( got 150 rtu's to do in two months this summer. Come on over time) anyway I guess maintenance thought they were doing us a favor. I've got a pic some where.

Correction the unit had been running for a week but the gas main was off. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365946349.401693.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  28.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by thirdcoast361 View Post
    Correction the unit had been running for a week but the gas main was off. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365946349.401693.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  28.5 KB
    Nice and they put the drip leg before the shut off, at least they have one.

Quote Originally Posted by slctech View Post
    Like to be setting listening to the guys installing these newer Lennox's, discussing how to run the gas piping. Picked up this service account last week and just scratched my head. Nothing crazy, just LAZY
    When I go out on roofs like this or butchered resi homes I just sigh and think how great it is that I've been working my tail off for these licenses, certs, and knowledge just to deal with someone's mess that makes it up as they go along and drives down the prices in the market so legitimate companies are pressured to compete and thus pay less to their mechs.

It sounds like you are with one of the good companies, I wish more owners would take the same approach of rising above the riff raff and doing great work including fixing the shoddy jobs. There's a market for great HVAC companies if they just hold the line and don't lower their standards.

This is why reputable companies have checks and balances set in place to prevent this crap! I generally have another installer with me and I check everything that was done before leaving. On top of that my supervisor usually stops through to check on how jobs are going and then our salesman return within a week or two to do a walk through. Guys that could ever even think of doing this dont last long at all at my company.

I'm just a maintenance guy but even I know that is just wrong. I will say this here in Las Vegas on Roof top units you do see them on 4 x 4's and I have seen some crazy installations of things like pumps for the condensation pan. I even had one guy who worked for one of our vendors blow the air handler leg and fry the main disconnect at the meter.

Wow, that is just horrible. They must have forgot that filters need to be replaced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12