Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    I got tired of breaking flow regulators, so I made up a more bullet-proof type:

It's just a scrap piece of 7/8" ACR with end caps, a couple of 1/4" male flare connections and about 10 ft of .042" capillary tube coiled up inside. I guessed at the cap tube size, but with the nitrogen regulator set at 30 psig it delivers a perfect purge flow.
    Now this I would love to try!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

icemeister's post has me thinking....

Would one of the kwik-charge type charging devices serve a similar purpose???

It's just a scrap piece of 7/8" ACR with end caps, a couple of 1/4" male flare connections and about 10 ft of .042" capillary tube coiled up inside. I guessed at the cap tube size, but with the nitrogen regulator set at 30 psig it delivers a perfect purge flow.

All the wholesalers around here sell the nitrogen regulators, but I've never seen a flometer before.

I'm going to make one out of 7/8 with the cap tube inside, that looks like it would work nice.

Thank You.

I just brazed a couple of access fittings on a 10 ft cap tube I had laying around.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    Now this I would love to try!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note

I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    icemeister's post has me thinking....

Would one of the kwik-charge type charging devices serve a similar purpose???
    Actually, I've tried my "Frankenpurger" for liquid charging and it works pretty good for a smaller systems. I measure the charge rate, but I'd guess about 1 lb/min.

I always used those little johnson controls pneumatic restrictors. Just cut a hose in two pieces and put the restrictor in the middle....couple of hose clamps....and BAM!!!....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Thumbs up

I love this, thank you for sharing this awesome tool. I'm going to be copying this. Thanks!

Awesome idea on the homemade flow regulator

Awesome In-Ventch Icemister That's thinking out of the box at its finest. Thanks for sharing

hey now thats sweet. u say you have 10 feet of cap tube inside? the flow meters are nice but ive done busted 2. looks like the trick to me. if you got more pics i would love to see more on this

That's a nice DIY there. I just make sure to take my flow meter off after each use. Haven't broken one in all the years I've been at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Nitrogen Regulator

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  77.3 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  135.3 KBI really like Western Enterprises nitrogen regulator (VN-250 or VN-500). It has 3 settings, purge, braze, ans test. I like the fact thats its all in one, and not as cumbersome .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast