Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    I got tired of breaking flow regulators, so I made up a more bullet-proof type:

It's just a scrap piece of 7/8" ACR with end caps, a couple of 1/4" male flare connections and about 10 ft of .042" capillary tube coiled up inside. I guessed at the cap tube size, but with the nitrogen regulator set at 30 psig it delivers a perfect purge flow.
    Now this I would love to try!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    icemeister's post has me thinking....

Would one of the kwik-charge type charging devices serve a similar purpose???

Post Likes

It's just a scrap piece of 7/8" ACR with end caps, a couple of 1/4" male flare connections and about 10 ft of .042" capillary tube coiled up inside. I guessed at the cap tube size, but with the nitrogen regulator set at 30 psig it delivers a perfect purge flow.

All the wholesalers around here sell the nitrogen regulators, but I've never seen a flometer before.

I'm going to make one out of 7/8 with the cap tube inside, that looks like it would work nice.

Thank You.

Post Likes
    I just brazed a couple of access fittings on a 10 ft cap tube I had laying around.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    Now this I would love to try!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note

Post Likes

I like it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    icemeister's post has me thinking....

Would one of the kwik-charge type charging devices serve a similar purpose???
    Actually, I've tried my "Frankenpurger" for liquid charging and it works pretty good for a smaller systems. I measure the charge rate, but I'd guess about 1 lb/min.

Post Likes
    I always used those little johnson controls pneumatic restrictors. Just cut a hose in two pieces and put the restrictor in the middle....couple of hose clamps....and BAM!!!....
    And the LORD was with Judah, and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain, but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.
    Judges Some number here:and here

Post Likes

Thumbs up

I love this, thank you for sharing this awesome tool. I'm going to be copying this. Thanks!

Post Likes
    Awesome idea on the homemade flow regulator

Post Likes
    Awesome In-Ventch Icemister That's thinking out of the box at its finest. Thanks for sharing

Post Likes
    hey now thats sweet. u say you have 10 feet of cap tube inside? the flow meters are nice but ive done busted 2. looks like the trick to me. if you got more pics i would love to see more on this

Post Likes
    That's a nice DIY there. I just make sure to take my flow meter off after each use. Haven't broken one in all the years I've been at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes

Nitrogen Regulator

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  77.3 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  135.3 KBI really like Western Enterprises nitrogen regulator (VN-250 or VN-500). It has 3 settings, purge, braze, ans test. I like the fact thats its all in one, and not as cumbersome .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast