Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Corny,
    Why not just pay a fee and store your guns at the local PD and go pick them up when you want to use them?
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Quote Originally Posted by desert guy View Post
    Corny,
    Why not just pay a fee and store your guns at the local PD and go pick them up when you want to use them?
    LMAO!
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

All of our weapons were registered before left the retailer we purchased them from. I've turned this over 101 times - and I still can't imagine anyone coming to take them away. There is simply too many out there and they can't do it covertly at all in this age of instant electronic sharing.

C&P:

Most estimates range between 39% and 50% of US households having at least one gun (that's about 43-55 million households). The estimates for the number of privately owned guns range from 190 million to 300 million. Removed those that skew the stats for their own purposes the best estimates are about 45% or 52 million of American households owning 260 million guns).

Some recent estimates:

A 2011 Gallup poll estimates that 47 percent of US households own a gun.
    A 2007 Small Arms Survey estimates there are 88.7 guns per 100 Americans (#1 in the world for guns per capita)
    A 2010 estimate from the NRA states "Privately owned firearms in the U.S.: Approaching 300 million, including nearly 100 million handguns. The number of firearms rises over 4 million annually."

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Isoroku Yamamoto

Nice fake quote there coolwhip.... but the truth of the matter is that if you can get past the most powerfull and sophisticated military force on the planet..... a bunch of scared half drunk rednecks with guns are not going to stop you.

Sure... you might have some guys out here take a few potshots.... but the people who would dare invade us would probably wipe out a whole town in retaliation for one of their guys getting wasted.

The invasion stuff.... the "protecting ourselves from our own government"..... tyranny stuff......

Just get a damn hobby or something....
    "I believe this is a sovereign state of Nevada, I abide by all of Nevada state laws. But I don't recognize the United States government as even existing."

Cliven Bundy.... Patriot ???

Dont believe everything you read on wiki cornball....I know its your libtard idol.

i can't wait for some idiot to come knock on my door for my weapons.....he/she will get my ammo 1st.

Just because you get a concealed weapons permit, at least in my state, does not require firearm disclosure or mean you own one.
    As for coming to get those that I bought and are registered, John Smith, Mike Hawk, Jane Do bought them and I have bills of sale to prove it.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    Just because you get a concealed weapons permit, at least in my state, does not require firearm disclosure or mean you own one.
    As for coming to get those that I bought and are registered, John Smith, Mike Hawk, Jane Do bought them and I have bills of sale to prove it.
    I agree that the permit doesnt say to the government that you own any guns.... but common sense tells them that you do....

You registered yourself and paid the necessary taxes required by the government for the RIGHT.... to be able to go armed in public and defend yourself.... so common sense tells them if you are willing to do that then you probably own a gun or two......lol

Anyhow.... taxes...... thats where this all leading.....

Register your car and other vehicles and pay taxes for the right to drive them on public roads.....

Register yourself and pay a special tax for the right to legally defend yourself in public places.......

Whats so damn difficult about registering your guns and paying taxes to be able to use them ???

Cause thats where all this is headed.....

Government couldnt care less about a bunch of maniacs like george zimmerman and adam lanza owning guns and shooting up innocent people........ they see this as an opporutnity to impose some new taxes on the american taxpaying machines out there

As for protecting your guns from "the government" when they come to get them..... that is if they do.....

You take a pot shot at law enforcement or the military and they are going to kill you.
    "I believe this is a sovereign state of Nevada, I abide by all of Nevada state laws. But I don't recognize the United States government as even existing."

Cliven Bundy.... Patriot ???

"As for protecting your guns from "the government" when they come to get them..... that is if they do.....

You take a pot shot at law enforcement or the military and they are going to kill you."

corny i don't believe the military will be knocking on our doors to ask for our guns, we are the military..that said, when a few of these "collectors" don't come home for dinner...the collecting will come to a stop.

Funny thing about corny, he lives in one of the "freeiest" states in the Union and he is a big liberal government guy. Needs to move out of Tenn. and to one of the commie loving states. Thank you very much

Agreed prime. The millitary is us. I have served, know what I'm talking about.

The police are different. To a lot of them we don't have any rights. Only they should have guns and love to treat you like $@%$. Thank you very much

In order for the people to prevent a gun collection they would have to leave their homes and ban together. They have no experience doing that.

With a couple guns being shot from inside a house at them , well, you'd end up like Chris Dorner. After the word got out, gun collection would be nothing more than a curbside pick-up.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast