Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Two out, one in...

Zone job. Hybrid infinity, 2 stage variable furnace 17 seer heat pump. Happy customer.

upstairs/downstairs... very nice job. we get great feedback on dual fuel - one snowbird pre-bought $1500 of lp, used almost none!

Pretty slick installation! 2 stage so when 1 zone calls it only fires on low? Great metal. Dual fuel only way to do it with LP.

Your workmanship is truly remarkable. Thanks for posting the pics for us all to gaze at. Very neat install.

Quote Originally Posted by combustioneer View Post
    upstairs/downstairs... very nice job. we get great feedback on dual fuel - one snowbird pre-bought $1500 of lp, used almost none!
    This is natural gas, but we have put several systems in on natural and had the customers tell us the gas company told them to stop paying, they were on budget and just kept paying the norm without using any.
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Pretty slick installation! 2 stage so when 1 zone calls it only fires on low? Great metal. Dual fuel only way to do it with LP.
    2 stage furnace, 2 stage heat pump. It can run full tilt if it wants to just through one zone. Communicating system, It will run on low 90% of the time. Pretty happy with the evolution/infinity zoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Your workmanship is truly remarkable. Thanks for posting the pics for us all to gaze at. Very neat install.
    Thanks, I try and keep everything neat! Seemed like a miracle that all that metal fit once we started putting it together. Had the metal made a month before the job. Would have liked to have a transition from the top of the furnace to the filter but it is a close enough fit and I just plain didn't have any more height.

Beautiful job. Not that it makes a huge difference at all, is there turning vanes in the supply plenum? Just curious. Now only if the electrician was just as orderly and clean as you were.

Looks fantastic!

Hmm, I imagined that LP use

That right furnace obviously was small. Does the furnace cycle on discharge stat if running on high for that zone? Can't imagine there's a duct system big enough for what that 95% furnace will need to move. Or does the other damper open to bleed air to the main zone?

Looks good, metal, copper, flues and intake....NICE. That elec tape or strips of foam tape on the line set? Its funny some people can make elec tape look really good and others just tape it up all half @ss.

With Baldy on this. Looks beautiful and back in my residential days, I wish I thought of this set-up a few times. I just do not understand Carrier Infinity/Evolution zoning. Externally it is a masterpiece, internally with air-flow just calculating in my head the equivalent feet per each of the fittings with the main plenum, hard bends on the inside of the plenum take offs, lack of turning vanes, and drop across dampers...just curious does the Infinity compensate by cracking the other zone to act like a by-pass of sorts?
    Sure it works great, just duct work sizing is what my eyes keep looking back at.

Here in Utah, we have to destroy our beautiful looking duct-work with mastic on every joint.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Hmm, I imagined that LP use

That right furnace obviously was small. Does the furnace cycle on discharge stat if running on high for that zone? Can't imagine there's a duct system big enough for what that 95% furnace will need to move. Or does the other damper open to bleed air to the main zone?
    It will open the upstairs zone some to compensate if it needs to, the stat monitors static and airflow.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateCntlJohn View Post
    Looks good, metal, copper, flues and intake....NICE. That elec tape or strips of foam tape on the line set? Its funny some people can make elec tape look really good and others just tape it up all half @ss.
    Electrical tape. Secret is to cut it rather than stretch it and tear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by slctech View Post
    With Baldy on this. Looks beautiful and back in my residential days, I wish I thought of this set-up a few times. I just do not understand Carrier Infinity/Evolution zoning. Externally it is a masterpiece, internally with air-flow just calculating in my head the equivalent feet per each of the fittings with the main plenum, hard bends on the inside of the plenum take offs, lack of turning vanes, and drop across dampers...just curious does the Infinity compensate by cracking the other zone to act like a by-pass of sorts?
    Sure it works great, just duct work sizing is what my eyes keep looking back at.

Here in Utah, we have to destroy our beautiful looking duct-work with mastic on every joint.
    Yes it will open the upstairs zone if it needs to. Yeah we have to do mastic on new homes now. I hate that crap with a passion.
    The upstairs is a 12x24, the downstairs is 10x24. Enough for 3 tons. I wish I could have done some other stuff to help with airflow but I just didn't have any room height wise. Not a fan of turning vanes and don't think they really help that much. I will use one when putting a 24" wide N-coil on a 21" wide furnace, flat on the left. But I will make the coil adaptor 10" tall and take a third of the air and deflect it towards the slab of the coil on the right.

Appreciate the explanation...makes sense. And you can only do what you can do with what you have to do it with. Great job my friend. I am very impressed and will steal this idea next time I see two old bastards standing hand in hand alone in a dark basement.

Thanks, them sharing a return helped a bunch. We have done quite a few zone jobs, and never ever do a new house with more than one level without zoning. Just doesn't work. Can't control 2 different environments with one system without zoning. Would rather not put the system in than have them be unhappy because the basement is cold or the upstairs is hot and let that roll off on us.....

Did a new house a couple years ago with 4 zones, basement, main level, upstairs, and a sun room off the main level. That guy has called a number of times to tell us that his house is the same temp anywhere in the house any time of the year and he can't believe we did it with one system. I know zoning works, especially if it is done right. Think I put pics of that job on here...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast