HELP with password problem Johnson Controls thermostat

HELP with password problem Johnson Controls thermostat

Hello all,

I am a new homeowner. I bought my house in February and never messed with the thermostat because my home was comfortable for the winter.

Well,

Here we are now in the summer in Virginia and I am unable to adjust my thermostat how I would like. Apparently it is password protected. I guess the previous owner installed this and then likely set a password to prevent his kids from messing with it or something. I don't know. What I know is that I am unable to adjust it down to where I want it. He has the cooling mode set to 78 degrees. I want to drop it down further. I have read that there is a way to access the installer functions and reprogram the parameters. The problem is that when I access the installer options it asks me for a password that I do not have!

How can I bypass or reset this password on my Johnson Controls T601DFH-4+PIR

Please help me. I do not want to replace my thermostat over a password issue nor can I justify hiring a HVAC person to come out just to adjust the temperature in my house.

Thanks
    Joe

Password can be any number between 0 and 1000. If you get in, you'd better be careful what you press.
    Doug

Thank you.

I realize that the password can be any number between 0 and 1000. I have the owners manual that I downloaded from the internet. There is no instruction on how to bypass it. I also realize that I need to be careful as to what I press after I get into the settings. I see in the manual there are tons of options. But there must be a way to get past it or hook up a jumper inside to reset it or something. Or a default code that unlocks it or something! This is irritating me quite a bit.

There isa a 22 page install manual and no mention I could find on resetting the password.
    Doug

Thanks Doug.

You may be stuck with replacing the thermostat.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Call the real estate agent. They should have Previous owner's info. Tell them to call them for you.
    Im sure they send old owners mail here and there. Goog there name or friend them on FB
    Customer is alWays opposite of Left

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    zartangreen

Please review AOP Forum rules.

Thanks, AOPC
    I did not read the TOS for this forum but I will say that I violated no socially acceptable rule until now. **** you and your TOS. Obviously you want to rule a forum over obsessively and without any concern for reality. I asked for some simple help without any offensive language until now. **** YOU and **** off. Your rules are probably retarded for you to be telling me that I might have violated your rules by asking for a bit of help.

Good day to you sir.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by homeowner23608 View Post
    I did not read the TOS for this forum but I will say that I violated no socially acceptable rule until now. **** you and your TOS. Obviously you want to rule a forum over obsessively and without any concern for reality. I asked for some simple help without any offensive language until now. **** YOU and **** off. Your rules are probably retarded for you to be telling me that I might have violated your rules by asking for a bit of help.

Good day to you sir.

Joe
    If you read the post you will see it was directed at zartangreen, not you.

As for your issue try calling Johnson Controls. The information you seek is not in the install manual. If a way exists to reset the thermostat, they will know.
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas