Question Beverage Air Prep table

Worked on a Beverage Air prep table today.The top of table where they keep the toppings is 34° and the bottom will not go below 45° anybody ever see this problem.
    Suction pressure is 22 lb head pressure is 150 lb it started with 25 ° superheat . I added some gas 134A got 15° superheat didn't help, cleaned condensor, removed the top and couldn't see any obstructions. THANKS in advance for any help. Model # DP67 do you know where I can find what kind of pressure, superheat etc. I should have.

I would look at the txv. If the tops fine and goes down to temp but the bottom wont and everthing else is good would pull the charge seeing its only a prep table and probibly takes only 50 oz or so and see what u get..

The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

I would do as Yota suggested pull the charge, evacuate and weigh in the proper amount of refrigerant per the dataplate. The last table I did only held 9 Oz of refrigerant.
    Also unplug the compressor cord and leave the service cord plugged in, this way the evap fan will continue to run and help melt away any ice that may have accumulated on the coil.

Quote Originally Posted by coyote View Post
    Worked on a Beverage Air prep table today.The top of table where they keep the toppings is 34° and the bottom will not go below 45° anybody ever see this problem.
    Suction pressure is 22 lb head pressure is 150 lb it started with 25 ° superheat . I added some gas 134A got 15° superheat didn't help, cleaned condensor, removed the top and couldn't see any obstructions. THANKS in advance for any help. Model # DP67 do you know where I can find what kind of pressure, superheat etc. I should have.
    Last time I saw this it was a two fan unit and only one fan was running, the other was spining backwards and just looked like it was running.

It was not a bev air, it was a delfield with the mullion mounted evap, the rear fan hit the topping and the front fan serviced the box. The company that was there two weeks before for same problem converted it back to r-12 at a price of over 800 bucks.

Check your fans and air flows, sounds like the refer part of it is workin fine.

Check the door hinges. The Bevair prep tables have lift-off cam hinges on them and the doors will ride up on the cam, causing a gap at the bottom of the doors . every time that the top is a good temp and the inside compartment is too warm I have found this to be the reason .
    Last edited by PhoneTec; 02-14-2007 at 03:42 PM.