Thread: Hi From India

Hi From India

Hi Friends,

Myself Ravi from Chennai , India, and owner of 2 Split AC, and very interested to learn about HVAC, the main thing which saddens me is that there are no professionals in HVAC field in india, hence AC owners frequently face many issues and keep on blaming the company.

Hope in my spare time I would get knowledge about HVAC field and in future may go on and become a HVAC engineer and may do installations as part time basis.

Quote Originally Posted by rsk11584 View Post
    Hi Friends,

Myself Ravi from Chennai , India, and owner of 2 Split AC, and very interested to learn about HVAC, the main thing which saddens me is that there are no professionals in HVAC field in india, hence AC owners frequently face many issues and keep on blaming the company.

Hope in my spare time I would get knowledge about HVAC field and in future may go on and become a HVAC engineer and may do installations as part time basis.
    Do you need a license of any kind in India to service equipment with refrigerant in it? Just curious. Thanks

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by boilerman856 View Post
    Do you need a license of any kind in India to service equipment with refrigerant in it? Just curious. Thanks

No sir not at all and 99% of people working in welding, AC , Heating, Ventilation and all technical fields dont have professional qualifications. They look and learn, most of them are 18-22 year olds who didnt even go to school. They niether know the product nor the process but claim to be professionals, and since no license is required, everything including refrigerant is available freely in market anyone can go and a buy a cylinder full of R122 or any other gas. Today only I got a new LG 1 Ton Split AC Installed and in 2-3 days will post the wall of shame pictures. AC is yet to be tested and demonstrated. The Mech did not even do basic leak tests and directly connected the cables, and even indoor unit is fixed at slope as mechanic tells the slope will enable the water to drain quickly. And arguing with mechanic that indoor unit is to be fixed with bubble level would be arguing with a fool, who doesnt even know that there is no need of fixing AC at slope (left - right) . Rather slope is required when pipe passes from the wall , from indoor unit to outside.

He did not fix anti vibration pads, neither did he conduct leak test, directly connected the pipes to indoor outdoor units and released the filled in gas, what about the normal air which contained in the pipes, he did not vacuum the unit. All these things affect the performance of AC. Even thought the products are of top quality due to non availability of professional qualified engineers we have to suffer a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by rsk11584 View Post
    No sir not at all and 99% of people working in welding, AC , Heating, Ventilation and all technical fields dont have professional qualifications. They look and learn, most of them are 18-22 year olds who didnt even go to school. They niether know the product nor the process but claim to be professionals, and since no license is required, everything including refrigerant is available freely in market anyone can go and a buy a cylinder full of R122 or any other gas. Today only I got a new LG 1 Ton Split AC Installed and in 2-3 days will post the wall of shame pictures. AC is yet to be tested and demonstrated. The Mech did not even do basic leak tests and directly connected the cables, and even indoor unit is fixed at slope as mechanic tells the slope will enable the water to drain quickly. And arguing with mechanic that indoor unit is to be fixed with bubble level would be arguing with a fool, who doesnt even know that there is no need of fixing AC at slope (left - right) . Rather slope is required when pipe passes from the wall , from indoor unit to outside.

He did not fix anti vibration pads, neither did he conduct leak test, directly connected the pipes to indoor outdoor units and released the filled in gas, what about the normal air which contained in the pipes, he did not vacuum the unit. All these things affect the performance of AC. Even thought the products are of top quality due to non availability of professional qualified engineers we have to suffer a lot.
    That's too bad he didn't evacuate the system before opening the valves let alone a leak check! Unfortunately for you this is not a diy forum so we can't help you too much but your system is not going to work properly if at all with it full of air. If it does work it won't be for long. I foolishly assumed the entire planet was living by the Montreal protocol and not venting refrigerants to the atmosphere. I have been lugging this recovery machine and bottles around for nothing?
    Sounds like if you go on line and order Doolins bible you would be the more qualified HVAC tech in your area.

Sounds like he knows more than some installers I know.

Dang, Im moving to India and setting up shop!
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Dang, Im moving to India and setting up shop!
    Just imagine how many service calls you could get done in one day! And how many you'd have!