Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 27
  1. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    What I find odd is this "breakfast table" thing you keep talking about! I wish I had a good one every morning.
    Why? Don't you Yuppers have kitchen tables?

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,433
    In 'down home America' the 'dinner table' is where families (primary and extended) communicate. Truly a lost art in modern society.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  3. #16
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    3,589
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    In 'down home America' the 'dinner table' is where families (primary and extended) communicate. Truly a lost art in modern society.
    Sadly yes and like I said I'm no exception. I'm the only one awake in the morning but I wouldn't object to my wife cooking me eggs and bacon!

  4. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    Sadly yes and like I said I'm no exception. I'm the only one awake in the morning but I wouldn't object to my wife cooking me eggs and bacon!
    So why the "odd" comment?

    In our culture it is not uncommon to have several generations under one roof.

    There are guys on this forum who are the same nationality as my family and know exactly what I mean.. And the Uncle is the Patriarch of our family and the Boss of the business.

  5. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    Nylog is an oil based product. It will not hurt the transducers.
    Thanks. I thought I had read a post by Mr. Lockhart that said to be weary of using sealers on the intakes.

    I know the Nylog is miscible in oil but I was also concerned about oil floc point while going refer work.

  6. #19

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    In 'down home America' the 'dinner table' is where families (primary and extended) communicate. Truly a lost art in modern society.
    could not agree more.

  7. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Transducers are protected with stainless steel diaphragms if I remember right, I don't think you could foul them up with anything. I would just use the Nylog.
    Would not a coating of oil retard the signal from the transducer? In essence "insulate" the transducer surface from transmitting a "clean" signal?

  8. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    This.


    Unless you choose to use an excess of hardening sealant, you aren't going to damage those transducers.

    Even then, the transducer won't be damaged, just rendered useless by an excess of goop.


    I put a bit of teflon on the threads for the fixed portion of the adapter set I had to make, but the swivel fitting is dry. Maybe a bit of oil from use...
    Thanks JP. What is the best remedy if this happens...how would you clean it? It looks easy enough to disassemble the transducer assembly and stick a Q-tip inside...or must there be certain precautions observed?

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,915
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Would not a coating of oil retard the signal from the transducer? In essence "insulate" the transducer surface from transmitting a "clean" signal?
    Oil on the stainless steel diaphragm of a pressure transducer won't affect its performance at all.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    7,162
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Would not a coating of oil retard the signal from the transducer? In essence "insulate" the transducer surface from transmitting a "clean" signal?
    No, it would measure oil pressure just as accurately as vapor pressure.

  11. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Oil on the stainless steel diaphragm of a pressure transducer won't affect its performance at all.
    Thanks.

    I'm off to the salt mines now..lol

  12. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    No, it would measure oil pressure just as accurately as vapor pressure.
    Thanks. I must brush up on some things it would appear.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,786
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post

    Thanks JP. What is the best remedy if this happens...how would you clean it? It looks easy enough to disassemble the transducer assembly and stick a Q-tip inside...or must there be certain precautions observed?
    Prevention....



    I suppose that a gently applied orifice drill bit could remedy the situation, but it could also easily destroy the transducer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event