Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 27
  1. #1

    MUDVILLE REJOICES TODAY...AK REPALACEMENT ARRIVES!

    Got the exchange at the front door today..

    Uncle was grumbling in his coffee as I brought the the box to the breakfast table.

    Took them out of the box and fired it up with the temp-clamps...works like a charm ..even the T1 and T1 agree in ambient air.

    I put the manifold on and the hook.

    One question ...I hate Teflon tape....

    What refer thread dope is preferable in threading the manifold to the head?

    I am thinking Leak Tite or Leak Lock. F

    Opinions please.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid-Mo
    Posts
    3,596
    Nylog more than the other stuff. The other stuff will harden and never be able to get it back off.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    52
    Definitly Nylog over Leak Lock. Tossed the LL after finding Nylog at johnstones.

  4. #4
    Thanks for the suggestions.

    I had considered Nylog my self, but was afraid it might some how leech or weep into transducer intakes.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions.

    I had considered Nylog my self, but was afraid it might some how leech or weep into transducer intakes.

    Valid point. I use it the same as teflon tape, stay back a few threads from the end. So far so good on my 1250's mounted on sherman

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    7,142
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions.

    I had considered Nylog my self, but was afraid it might some how leech or weep into transducer intakes.
    Transducers are protected with stainless steel diaphragms if I remember right, I don't think you could foul them up with anything. I would just use the Nylog.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,285
    Agree with Nylog... great stuff!

    It mixes well with most all refrigerant oils... so it will not goop up or clog things.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    1,151
    Nylog is an oil based product. It will not hurt the transducers.
    JLB,

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    486
    just got my ak from ya jim. Thanks nylog worked great and cant wait to try them out tomorrow. Thanks for the great prices you have along with excellent service!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Got the exchange at the front door today..

    Uncle was grumbling in his coffee as I brought the the box to the breakfast table.

    Hmmm, you work and also live with your Uncle? Sounds a bit odd!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by AirTechMech View Post
    Hmmm, you work and also live with your Uncle? Sounds a bit odd!
    I would normally have a sharp retort for that kind of remark..instead i would ask you instead why it's odd?

    Do you know enough about me and mine to call it "odd"? Or are you just drawing some unjustifiable lurid conclusions?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    3,589
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    I would normally have a sharp retort for that kind of remark..instead i would ask you instead why it's odd?

    Do you know enough about me and mine to call it "odd"? Or are you just drawing some unjustifiable lurid conclusions?
    What I find odd is this "breakfast table" thing you keep talking about! I wish I had a good one every morning.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,720
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Transducers are protected with stainless steel diaphragms if I remember right, I don't think you could foul them up with anything. I would just use the Nylog.
    This.


    Unless you choose to use an excess of hardening sealant, you aren't going to damage those transducers.

    Even then, the transducer won't be damaged, just rendered useless by an excess of goop.


    I put a bit of teflon on the threads for the fixed portion of the adapter set I had to make, but the swivel fitting is dry. Maybe a bit of oil from use...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event