Natural Air Flow?

My question pertains to my own home. I have a one-story ranch that faces due south, with an attached garage on the west side of the home. As with most, the majority of our wind comes from the west, preventing most natural movement of air from wind pressure. Here's my question:

What's the best way to improve indoor air flow naturally. With my heat pump, it's pretty effective at moving air...but I like to leave the windows open more, but an 85 degree day (like today) will bring the temperature of the home up to 79-80 degrees, and coming back down to a comfortable 68-70 will take most of the night.

How can I pull more of the cooler outside air in, without having to run the heat pump?

On your thermostat you should be able to just run the "fan on only" on manual...open a few windows and there ya go. This is what i do, the only issue is pollen..

Quote Originally Posted by vic05 View Post
    My question pertains to my own home. I have a one-story ranch that faces due south, with an attached garage on the west side of the home. As with most, the majority of our wind comes from the west, preventing most natural movement of air from wind pressure. Here's my question:

What's the best way to improve indoor air flow naturally. With my heat pump, it's pretty effective at moving air...but I like to leave the windows open more, but an 85 degree day (like today) will bring the temperature of the home up to 79-80 degrees, and coming back down to a comfortable 68-70 will take most of the night.

How can I pull more of the cooler outside air in, without having to run the heat pump?
    Have a whole house fan installed. I remember, when I was a kid, turning ours on with the windows closed. It sucked everything out of the fireplace. I thought my mom was going to kill me.