Confused Worthington Chiller Ser # BW65936

Hi guys,
    I have an old Worthington Chiller to remove from the basement. The door is too small to fit the all thing, so I think taking apart this old chiller is the solution. But this is my concern if anybody can clear my mind:
    - What kind of insulation in inside the evaporator / condenser?
    - is the any part of this under pressure? ( All the pipes from the compressor are cut)

thanks.

Do you have any idea on this guys?

Is this a Worthington "Sentry" centrifigal?? Or a Bench Grinder centrifigal, the daddy of the Trane Centravacs??
    Ain't "None" of us as smart as "All" of us..

I do not know, how can I know that? I can describe it.

what the difference between them?

I certainly wouldn't know this chiller by a model or serial number. Can you post a picture or two? Are you a licensed HVAC contractor? If not, a licensed contractor should have the refrigerant removed prior to you getting involved. Who are you working for? What does your contract read regarding refrigerant and oil recovery and disposal?

If you are concerned about the insulation containing asbestos have it tested by a laboratory. Would you put your and others health at risk because of what some guy told you on the Internet?

I follow a HVAC training now. But I worked for a General Constructor company. We replaced the old HVAC system to a new one more efficient. And a licensed HVAC did cut all the piping around the old chiller. So I suppose there is no refrigerant in there. About asking advice on the type of insulation, It is just an input. If there is doubt, I have to do a test.

OK, so it's an old recip compressor chiller. There may be oil in the compressor. If all the service valves are closed then you shouldn't spill any oil. I would rig out the compressor, motor and condenser separately. If the condenser needs to be cut up to get it out that should present no problem since it's not insulated.

Is this chiller in the U.S.? Do you know when it was manufactured? If it was pre-1980 it could have asbestos products in the insulation. I say the best bet is to have it tested. Even with pictures I do not believe there is anyone here who could POSITIVELY verify whether that chiller has any asbestos on or around it.

I am sure it's before 1980.

Yes it's here in Kansas.

I would agree with KnewYork...

If you're not sure whether this is a centrifugal chiller or not, then you are probably not the guy to be doing the work.

Thank you guys, The job is done.