Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

REVIEW: Veto Pro Pac MB/TP3 Toolbags

REVIEW: Veto Pro Pac MB/TP3 Toolbags

This is another of my mini reviews. Veto is a company that is strongly backed by this site. I have seen them advertise on here for years but never tried out any of their products. Once the MB and TP3 hit the market I decided to give them a try and after a few weeks, I'm happy I did.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1351
Size:  86.1 KB

The TP3 and MB are smaller style bags. Similar to an electricians pouch but these are specifically designed for the needs of an HVAC tech. I'm very impressed with the quality of the bags. Industrial strength nylon double stitching and leather trimmed panels. Great quality.

TP3

The TP3 bag is equipped with more open and freely accessible areas than the MB bag. The TP3 has 4 large inside pockets and 11 smaller outside pockets. Also, one pouch pocket in the front. The pockets seem to be just the right size to fit the most common used service tools. The front pouch pocket is perfect for screws, wire nuts, and other small items. The top handle is covered with a rubber grip that makes carrying the bag easy on the hands no matter what the weight. It also comes equipped with a stainless "D" ring for electrical/Teflon tape.

It amazing how much fits in the TP3 bag. I've fit just the right amount of tools in my TP3. It is very compact and light weight. No more unnecessary trips to truck to grab more tools. I have everything I need in my TP3.

Views: 2169
Size:  43.3 KB

Views: 1281
Size:  118.3 KB

MB

The MB is the same size as the TP3 but has many more zipper enclosed pockets. It has 8 inside pocket and 2 outside pockets. The one main compartment is meant for your multimeter. For me, I couldn't fit as many tools comfortably into this bag as the TP3. The main advantage to the MB is the enclosed pockets which provide great protection for your meter and other tools/accessories.

The MB also has many of the same features as the TP3 like the small front pouch, rubber handle, and stainless "D" ring. With the enclosed pockets, you can carry much more than hand tools in the MB. You can fit almost any small digital tools like a micron gauge or leak detector.

Views: 1241
Size:  45.9 KB

Views: 1236
Size:  112.5 KB

I carried each one for week during daily service calls. I used the same amount and type of tools in each bag and I personally liked the TP3 bag slightly better. With the open pockets of the TP3 I was able to clip my small Dewalt flashlight on one of the outside pockets. Little things like that really turn a good bag into a great bag. The MB is designed as more of meter bag while the TP3 is more of a tool bag.

Views: 1716
Size:  50.7 KB

Another one of the great features on these bags is the back clip. It is equipped with a clip on the back that allows the bag to be clipped on the side of the larger LC or XL bags. I have a large backpack bag, and my TP3 actually hooks on the outside of it. So, I now have options. For larger jobs, I just grab my backpack bag which has the TP3 attached. For smaller jobs, I just grab my TP3 bag. The MB and TP3 also have a belt loop around the top. I attempted to put it on my belt - very uncomfortable. It is just a little too large and heavy to be worn with the belt.

Views: 1219
Size:  35.6 KB

Overall, the TP3 and MB tool bags are fantastic. Every veto bag comes with 5 year-zero down time warranty. The zero down time warranty states that if you have a issue with the products craftsmanship, they will you send a new bag with a shipping label to send the old one back. The guys at Veto know what they're doing and it shows. I'm extremely happy with Veto bags and would highly recommend them to anyone in the market for a new tool bag.

Thanks,

Brent A. Ridley

[Once again, sorry for the pictures being sideways. The Testo 570 review should be completed and posted by the end of the week]

Thanks Brent. I have been thinking of getting one of those but couldn't decide which one. This helps!

Thanks for taking time to review the bags. I started using a veto tech lc last year and have been very happy with it.

Veto makes great bags. I have an LC and a Tech LC. Great bags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Great review. I have been looking to buy one or the other.

in the picture where you have the tools laid out on the table i see you have a socket wrench is that socket the one with alot of pins in it and it adjust to what size hex head that you put it on??? i think its called the gator bite or something not sure if so how do you like it????

It's called the Gator Grip. It works great for small jobs (one or two bolts/screws).

You need to replace those outmoded channel lock pliers and get some Knipex Cobra pliers to match your radio pliers.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I have the tech lc and the mb, and they are fantastic quality. BUT Im not very found of the clip on the mb. I feel that the clip would be better if it was a metal clip like on tape measures. also the clip is located too high on the mb, so when I have it clipped onto the side of the tech lc bag and sit them down, the mb hits the ground first and unclips from the tech lc.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb E View Post
    I have the tech lc and the mb, and they are fantastic quality. BUT Im not very found of the clip on the mb. I feel that the clip would be better if it was a metal clip like on tape measures. also the clip is located too high on the mb, so when I have it clipped onto the side of the tech lc bag and sit them down, the mb hits the ground first and unclips from the tech lc.
    Caleb E, I also have the same problem. What I did was hook the MB clip to the d-ring on flap side. I also used a caribiner on the top of MB bag and hook to the Tech LC handle for a secondary safety. It has worked out well for me. Haven't had any issues with it unclipping.

Nice review. Gotta get veto to give you some commission because I just bought the tp3 today. I think I like it so far but I need a few days to get used to it.

I'm still adjusting to carrying less tools which was the reason for buying it. It seems very sturdy. The meter pouch is snug when I pack my other tools in there but I think I can still set it up a little better.

My only complaint is no shoulder strap. I know it's small and lightweight but I'd still like to sling it over my shoulder to keep my hands free.

Huh...didn't see this thread til today.

I just got the MB but am not sure how I am going to use it long term. I have a pretty good system of Klein zipper bags in my my bucket buddy already.

So I put my NV 51 Amprobe in the MB and loaded the out side pocket with my refer tools that I usually carry in a leather pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Huh...didn't see this thread til today.

I just got the MB but am not sure how I am going to use it long term. I have a pretty good system of Klein zipper bags in my my bucket buddy already.

So I put my NV 51 Amprobe in the MB and loaded the out side pocket with my refer tools that I usually carry in a leather pouch.
    How are you liking the Nav 51?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast