Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Testo 552 Micron Gauge?

Has anyone bought/used this new micron gauge? If so, how do you like it compared to others you might have used? I have a bluVac that has stopped working which i'm going to have sent out for repair but i am always on the look out for the next great tool.

Once someone produces a micron gauge that can take abuse and sensor can be submerged in refrigerant oil i'll be a happy owner of that brand. I have yet to find one great Vacuum gauge but the BluVac and one of my Yellow Jackets models i have had great experience with.

Honestly...Has anyone found the micron on some of the digital refrigerant analyzers useful and trust worthy?

Testo's $75 rebate is tempting me to give it a try!

Thanks!

i just bought a JB Industries DV-22N vacuum gauge , when i got home i read the instructions, check this:

"Connect a NEW dedicated charging hose. All preused hoses contain oil and this will contaminate the sensor."

now i get to carry a extra hose to vacuum a system...

What if you pull a vacuum on a system happens to have some refrigerant oil in the line set? To be honest I had that same micron and hated it more than the supco I had. It actually made the supco seem far superior if you can believe that!! I love my jb platinum vacuum pump though. Yellow jacket 69075 was a good micron to me. Not many problems at all.

I've gotten my hands on the Testo 552 vacuum gauge. I plan on doing a few tests and comparing it to a few others. I will post results soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    I've gotten my hands on the Testo 552 vacuum gauge. I plan on doing a few tests and comparing it to a few others. I will post results soon.
    I look foward to your findings. I plan on doing the same as well. I'm just trying to work on getting th best price on the new Testo Micron. I know most of the older products pricing are usually set except for occasional sales. New products always should have discounts, and rebates which i don't like that much, which will help by showing customers that the manufacturer stands behind their products.

I've bought many products that had first time discounts once i experienced their usefulness. When i find a good thing i don't have a problem buying one or two backups. Like i said, i'm a tool addict. I would also be very angry if i found a great tool at a great price then procrastinated causing me to have to shell out much more than i origionally paid for the same tool!

I'm still on the fence about giving the SMAN4 a try. I have the first SMAN that came out, but was never to pleased with it. The new sman4 with wireless real time wet bulb and dry bulb readings i could find useful, but then i question reliability which is one of my main concerns of any tools..especially those who may not have had the best to begin with..

[QUOTE=primmers;15542331]i just bought a JB Industries DV-22N vacuum gauge , when i got home i read the instructions, check this:

"Connect a NEW dedicated charging hose. All preused hoses contain oil and this will contaminate the sensor."

now i get to carry a extra hose to vacuum a system...[/QUOTE

Rinse your hoses out with 91% Asoprpoyl Alcohol.
    then you can use you hose to evac. All that happens to the sensor is it gets oily. Rinse the sensor with the same alcohol.

[QUOTE=hvac5646;15542851]
    Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    i just bought a JB Industries DV-22N vacuum gauge , when i got home i read the instructions, check this:

now i get to carry a extra hose to vacuum a system...[/QUOTE

Rinse your hoses out with 91% Asoprpoyl Alcohol.
    then you can use you hose to evac. All that happens to the sensor is it gets oily. Rinse the sensor with the same alcohol.

Just be aware i have had a micron gauge that specifically said not to use alcohol to clean the sensor. No explination why. I don't remember exactly which micron it was but i usually write important info on the tool with permanant marker to prevent stupid problems from occuring. Doesn't always help but sometimes it can,lol!

hvac5646 is correct on my gauge, the instructions say to use alcohol to clean with.

Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    hvac5646 is correct on my gauge, the instructions say to use alcohol to clean with.
    i'm not saying that using alcohol to clean the sensor isn't incorrect, just that to check the manufacturers instructions before trying to clean anythng. my yellow jacket and suckco micron did say to us alcohol to clean the sensor if contaminated with reefer oil!

anybody got any feedback on this product yet? I tried to locate a 552 and cant seem to find one on the net, not sure what thats about. anyways id like to hear how you guys made out with the micron gauge?

I've been using it for about a month now and am happy so far. No problems with it at all. Its been in some no so nice environments too. It's holding up well with the install crew using it and they are much rough with the tools.

We've been using one for a few months now. After a slight issue with "filed calibration", Testo sent a replacement via overnight air and the new one works very well. Testo's customer service was THE best. That alone is worth buying a Testo!
    Rick

"It is easier to do things right the 1st time rather than to explain why it wasn't when you have to do it the 2nd time."

Quote Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
    We've been using one for a few months now. After a slight issue with "filed calibration", Testo sent a replacement via overnight air and the new one works very well. Testo's customer service was THE best. That alone is worth buying a Testo!
    I agree about their customer service.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast