Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rack gas change

Hmm Rack gas change

I think I asked this before but I have a rack 502.running fresh meat we got
    the go to change gas.this market is running hp 80 on racks 1 2 4 5 rack 3 is mp.rack 6 is 502.should we go with mp or hp and what kind of sleepless nights will I have?
    Also God only knows how many diff gas"s are in this rack.
    And yes I know I will have to recover and dispose it's in the quote.

Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    And yes I know I will have to recover and dispose it's in the quote.
    Put your recovery drums in the freezer, they will suck that baby dry in no time.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

are you saying you have a "rack" running only fresh meat? Why? Or are you calling it a rack but it's only a single unit?

I don't mean to be rude. I really don't. But who is running 502 anymore? Why on earth? Some of these store owners are so stupid. Who advises these people? To think there getting a better deal to run 502 and not retrofit is simply irresponsible and plain ignorant. For what it costs them to buy 502 and the hoops one must jump through, to not retro fit is beyond my comprehension.

You can have that work, and those kinds of customers.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

yes dow it is a rack fresh meat is just its main gig excuse me for not being as bright as you.this is a 85 or 88 market big corp real big I dont get to pick and
    choose what gas they use to use. but I have the chance to change it. way the smart a$$ answer.Im tired I just got off call 15 hr's this weekend.do't
    be an a$$ to me just want some help.

I aint looking down on you cause your not as bright as me. You'll get there

Crackertech, Chill the eff out dude. I aint down on you. I am down on the idiots you have to work for.

What big corp is so stupid then?

15 hours ot, weekend call. Whoa. That's just an average refrigeration guys day in this sort fo weather.

Chill.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    yes dow it is a rack fresh meat is just its main gig excuse me for not being as bright as you.this is a 85 or 88 market big corp real big I dont get to pick and
    choose what gas they use to use. but I have the chance to change it. way the smart a$$ answer.Im tired I just got off call 15 hr's this weekend.do't
    be an a$$ to me just want some help.
    I would go with HP 80 to keep the store all one gas. Plan on spending some time if you have EPR's for temp control, it does run a bit different than 502.

Oil changes at 48 hours, 72 and 2 weeks. Liquid Filters. At 48, 72 hour suction felt filter change. Leave out after. Oil separator cleaning. Oil filter changes. I say all this cause the new oil is going to scrub that system clean.

a bottle of carberatur cleaner on hand to clear TXV inlet screens.

Full on acid tests at 48, 72 and two week mark.

Sub out the recovery to a reclamation center. Tell em it's mixed. They can separate and scrub on site. Atleast the guys we got here in Detroit can.

I'd go through every TXV and do superheat. I'd plan for and be prepared to reset any and all pressure regulators, such as hold back and ord if so equipped, fan cycling. Authenticate and reset all pressure controls.

Act as if this was a new rack you were commisioning.

dow Im chillen no big.Yes 15 ot no big most call's bs as you know ot is good only time I feel Im payed what Im worth.the big idoit is well Im in south cent fl guess.(markets) by the way dow Im org from northern IN jusst south of mich.

Dow and all others I forgot to tell you (dow you are going to love this)this rack is useing IPC controls.oh the joy'''

old rack. We have a few with them POS's on them still. Tyler Rack??

Dow this one is a hussman.any input from you would be great.
    it is a pos but Iv'e got to geal with it.

it's not a big deal. You'll do fine. Any questions, give me a try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast