Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R-22

R-22

what retrofit are you guys using?

Name:  WP_000942.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  44.9 KBName:  WP_001012.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  41.8 KBR-422D or R-407. We retrofitted 2 R-22 units in class. We just pulled a recovery / changed filter dryer and recharged with R-422D. Since the R-422D is a blend refrigerant you gotta charge by liquid. Also you gotta use the dew point and bubble point on the P/T chart in reference when charging by Superheat or Subcool.
    wHen I diE I hOpe gOd haS mErcy oN my SiNful LifE

thanks how do you like it?

another thing dose that void the warranty ?

The units were cooling well. They are old units we have in class. One was a York and the other looked like a Goodman or Coleman. I can get you some detail specs like temps, delta t and compressor amp draw , etc etc tomorrow if you like. I dont know about warranty. One of the pros may have a better answer for you.

hell ya it voids the warranty..

I am not even going to explain...

But they will void the warranty...

Quote Originally Posted by Danae12 View Post
    hell ya it voids the warranty..

I am not even going to explain...

But they will void the warranty...
    How would the manufacture know what refer it had in it if you didn't tell them on a warranty claim? I've made lots of warranty claims on Evaps with dye in them and never had a problem nor questioned at all by any manufacture why there was dye in the coil, most of the time they don't even want the old coil back.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    How would the manufacture know what refer it had in it if you didn't tell them on a warranty claim?
    If you've ever drained the oil from a compressor, you'll know there's tons of gas dissolved in the oil that appears like bubbles in a soft drink.
    All they have to do is test the gas, if its anything BUT R22, warranty voided.

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    If you've ever drained the oil from a compressor, you'll know there's tons of gas dissolved in the oil that appears like bubbles in a soft drink.
    All they have to do is test the gas, if its anything BUT R22, warranty voided.
    in addition some of these drop ins, you have to CHANGE THE OIL, not worth it in the end, your not helping the home owner, they tried this crap with r-11 also, it never went anywhere..

Scary tech's out there when they ask how manufactures find out if a drop in has been used...

What is the stuff that says nu22 on the box we have a couple jugs of it around the shop some of the guys use it on old equipment but i won't even put it on my truck to be honest I would like to be more educated on the subject does anyone know a good site to read about the new replacements for 22

we have two jugs sitting around our shop, one of these drop ins, is more efficient then r22, capacity wise, we have it as a option, but r22 was phased out , etc only thing I would see these drop ins as an option, would be with BIG commercial systems, where your talking many pounds of refrigerant... For a homeowner I am not sure, not sure if it is advantageous for a homeowner when you compare labor to the charge of r22 per pound....

We have it, around just for the option, homeowners are starting to learn about these drop ins..

http://www.hcfcphaseout.com/Document...ion-guide.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by brian.cornell View Post
    What is the stuff that says nu22 on the box we have a couple jugs of it around the shop some of the guys use it on old equipment but i won't even put it on my truck to be honest I would like to be more educated on the subject does anyone know a good site to read about the new replacements for 22
    One of my better efforts : https://www.rses.org/assets/rses_jou...ompressors.pdf
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. Abraham Maslow

One of our techs put 250 pounds of the nu22 stuff in a dectron unit at a YMCA we service the dectron rep was out there with him they changed oil,driers,recievers and it has been running fine so far the other circuit still has r22 in it I'm just not sure about the new stuff yet I guess time will tell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast