Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why don't we tax Lawyers, Johnny?

Last edited by James 3528; 02-05-2007 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by James 3528 View Post
    And that heavy profit is taxed..
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Lawyers are making too much profit. We need to put this profit into a fund to pay for health care and fuel research.

Edwards is all but sealing his fate by advocating more taxation.

Lawyers are making too much profit. We need to put this profit into a fund to pay for health care and fuel research.
    I agree, Bush needs to repeal those tax cuts he so generously bestowed to the legal industry.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

LOL
    Touche'

Has anyone heard about the big house Edwards is having built. Who needs a 28,000 square foot house with a basketball court? Oh but that's right he's not rich, anytime you hear him talk he's always going after the rich.
    Have you hugged the Earth today?
    Donny Baker rules

Quote Originally Posted by chucko615 View Post
    Has anyone heard about the big house Edwards is having built. Who needs a 28,000 square foot house with a basketball court? Oh but that's right he's not rich, anytime you hear him talk he's always going after the rich.

Geer would say that Bush made him build it.

Good to see you post Chucky !

Yes, here we have an ultra-rich politician whose heart just bleeds for the less fortunate....if it translates into votes.

But according to you 'Pubs he deserves every square foot of it if he earned it....are you saying he didn't earn this house, perhaps welfare paid for it? Jealous.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

I think the point is Edwards hypocrisy. But perhaps that went over your head, like life did.

Quote Originally Posted by smokin68 View Post
    But according to you 'Pubs he deserves every square foot of it if he earned it....are you saying he didn't earn this house, perhaps welfare paid for it? Jealous.
    Intellectual consistency is not a rightwingnut virtue.

Chapman Cohen

I think the point is Edwards hypocrisy. But perhaps that went over your head, like life did.
    I may be wrong about this, but I think I remember that Edwards made his initial fortune as an ambulance chasing lawyer.

His specialty was hitting up the insurance companies for huge settlements for the poor. And of course he got his 40-50% of the settlement.

But guess what (assuming this is true): Where did the money to pay those settlements come from? Insurance companies do not loose money... They just raise premiums next year. And who is paying those premiums? I will give you one guess, after you look in a mirror...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast