Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gemaire has them over here for $420. I would still stick with the SMAN 4.

Quote Originally Posted by rantis View Post
    Gemaire has them over here for $420. I would still stick with the SMAN 4.
    Or a set of AKs on a YJ 46081 manifold.

I'll stick with my Fieldpiece.
    The Bill of Rights ARTICLE II "The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall NOT be Infringed".
    [SIZE="4"]

Quote Originally Posted by nratom45-70 View Post
    I'll stick with my Fieldpiece.
    FP'll work too..

I have a set of the hilmors. Less than a month old and the micron gauge has quit working, it won't calculate subcooling on 22 and the hook is falling off. I did talk to the rep for hilmor and the are sending me out a new set. so we will see what happens

Hilmor problems

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Thats not even close to the one that is of less quality.........? Hummmmn Would like to see a set if they ever get them in. Sounds interesting.
    Upon delivery of the Hilmore dual digital not mechanical gauges ...the delivery man , muy usual counter man said;" We'll give you new seals because every one who has bought these gauges ahas had trouble".
    I said "gee,thanks a lot!". And I did have trouble first time out ...I may have made a mistake by preessurising the hoses before tuning the meter on . But the high side analog powered by transducer via servo motor(not mechanical as I had thought ) stuck on full scale. The digital portion was reading the pressure but it stuck on it's correct initial reading. When I tried to dump the high side pressure into the low side , it wouldn't flow through the gauges. I'm taking them back . As for the Field piece..I didn't buy them because they use the same junk plastic clamps on the pipe sensors as I already have . They have been warranty replaced a couple of times and the supply house replaces the for guys all of the time.
    . My JB superheat /pressure/temperature/ single channel tool works pretty well but you have to scroll at a regular speed interval to get through the list of refrigerants and the documentation that comes with it is not accurate and is incomplete with respect to it's features.
    Looks like I don't know who makes a good digital set yet.

Digicool ak900

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Digicool ak900
    X2...

Here is a story about a DC:

I replaced a furnace/coil in a crawl back in the fall, I think it was the week before THXgiving. Tweaked the R-22 in the AC, using my brand new DC AK-900 on a brand new Titan-2 manifold (literally the first time to use them). The next day I could not find the gauges... went back to the jobsite and looked all around... no luck. Told the HO... he said he would keep an eye out for them.
    Well today (Sunday, April 27), he text's me that he found them.

Evidently I had hung them on a bush limb when I was carrying stuff back to my van... and forgot them. For some reason I did not see them when I looked. The HO was trimming the bushes and found them.
    I am thankful to get them back... that was an investment of around 6 C notes including the manifold and hoses and hose end valves.

I now have 3 (yes, three) DC AK-900's on Titan manifolds in my van (replaced the ones that were lost)...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    X2...

Here is a story about a DC:

I replaced a furnace/coil in a crawl back in the fall, I think it was the week before THXgiving. Tweaked the R-22 in the AC, using my brand new DC AK-900 on a brand new Titan-2 manifold (literally the first time to use them). The next day I could not find the gauges... went back to the jobsite and looked all around... no luck. Told the HO... he said he would keep an eye out for them.
    Well today (Sunday, April 27), he text's me that he found them.

Evidently I had hung them on a bush limb when I was carrying stuff back to my van... and forgot them. For some reason I did not see them when I looked. The HO was trimming the bushes and found them.
    I am thankful to get them back... that was an investment of around 6 C notes including the manifold and hoses and hose end valves.

I now have 3 (yes, three) DC AK-900's on Titan manifolds in my van (replaced the ones that were lost)...
    And even though your digicools had sat outside for six months through hot and cold, and had been rained and maybe even snowed on, you turned them on and they still worked fine, didn't they?

They've been outside this whole time lol
    Nice

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Digicool ak900
    Yea... One of my Supply Houses also has the Hilmor stuff. I always tinker with the gauges when I'm at the counter. I ask one of the guys, "You selling many of these"? His reply was "Yea, and we end up getting almost as many back as we've sold".

I'm sorry but I would trade my oldest set of DC 1600's for a new set of Hilmor.
    Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    And even though your digicools had sat outside for six months through hot and cold, and had been rained and maybe even snowed on, you turned them on and they still worked fine, didn't they?
    YUP... turned them on and they came right up. Asked the HO if I could put then on the unit, he said sure. Hooked them up and triggered the contactor for about 10 seconds... the pressures and saturated temps responded just like they were supposed to. Then clamped both temp probes around my fore-finger and waited a few minutes... both temps read the same.

Now for anyone that thinks DC's are not tough... we had a handful of days in single digits this winter, a dozen or more in the teens, a 2"+ snow day, and have had a few 1"+ rain days... the DC's were hanging in a bush in the weather...

THEY WORK.

Nothing more needs to be said...

Edit: Doug Lockhart--- you are welcome to use this testimony on your website... just send me a spare AK-900... then I will have 4... LOL. Seriously, you are welcome to use the testimony, no pmt needed.
    Last edited by ga-hvac-tech; 04-27-2014 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Added thought
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Get the ak900s and forget the rest.

The future isn't what it use to be.
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast