Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    With a couple of 1/8" pipe thread adapters, the AK can be fit to any manifold.

When I bought my 1200, I had it on a Brute Manifold. It worked well, but I got fed up with the oversized, overweight manifold that doesn't hang straight because of the big, fat 3/8 hose sticking out the back.

Refit the adapters to a YJ 41 reversed so the hose parks are on the front and have been using that for both DC ever since.
    Thought of doing that but two things stop me: 1) the extra amount of joints and the fact that plumbing fitting aren't really rated for deep vacuum.

2) The plumg supply houses don't have the counter guys with enough back ground to know the fittings I need.

What would I need specifically to make that modification? Rather take a chance at HD and get them there.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Thought of doing that but two things stop me: 1) the extra amount of joints and the fact that plumbing fitting aren't really rated for deep vacuum.

2) The plumg supply houses don't have the counter guys with enough back ground to know the fittings I need.

What would I need specifically to make that modification? Rather take a chance at HD and get them there.

I honestly doubt that most manifolds are TRULY rated for deep vacuum work, either.

Not trying to start that particular battle up with you, but since you pointed out the vacuum rating of the fittings...

I think that the Appion manifold might be, but the rest.... anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I honestly doubt that most manifolds are TRULY rated for deep vacuum work, either.

Not trying to start that particular battle up with you, but since you pointed out the vacuum rating of the fittings...

I think that the Appion manifold might be, but the rest.... anyone's guess.
    Imperial used to be back in the day...had some ASHRAE standard that they were certified against.

Hell, ASHRAE has a rating for how many btus are used up to pass wind. They have standards for everything.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123