Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Now that I have my AKs now what....

..what do I do for en evac manifold?

Heard about Sherman but don't know what is so superior to it compared to others.

A little guidance please.

DC products will fit directly on a Titan 2 manifold from YJ. Not the best manifold out there... however it works. Personally I can tolerate the valves in return for not having the offsets between the head and manifold.

I like to chide Doug about making a set of DC's the standard size... he never replies... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    DC products will fit directly on a Titan 2 manifold from YJ. Not the best manifold out there... however it works. Personally I can tolerate the valves in return for not having the offsets between the head and manifold.

I like to chide Doug about making a set of DC's the standard size... he never replies... <grin>
    I have a YJ Brute II for 410 a...was thinking about that, but i am not sure about the valves.

Lockart?
    He's probably too busy throwing a hissy over your righteous inquiry.

You did not buy them with the manifold? Was it much cheaper without?
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by jnsrose View Post
    You did not buy them with the manifold? Was it much cheaper without?
    Got them with the manifold....about 30 less with out .

The DC manifold is great. It is one of my favorite features.

They're equipped with quarter turn ball valves. I have become spoiled....I don't like using a standard manifold anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    The DC manifold is great. It is one of my favorite features.

They're equipped with quarter turn ball valves. I have become spoiled....I don't like using a standard manifold anymore.
    I bought them with vac rated hoses...I want an evac manifold for the times I choose to go that way.

A 3/8" x 1/4" hose on the center port of a two way pulls practically as fast as a 4 way with 3/8 vac port. If you want to add an extra connection for a refer tank use a CRT on the center port of a Two way and can double as a vac blank off.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    A 3/8" x 1/4" hose on the center port of a two way pulls practically as fast as a 4 way with 3/8 vac port. If you want to add an extra connection for a refer tank use a CRT on the center port of a Two way and can double as a vac blank off.
    Great suggestion Ice. But I really like an evac manifold for service. Been using one since I was fourteen.

Got the clamp temp probes. Don't think I am going for any mods to them.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Great suggestion Ice. But I really like an evac manifold for service. Been using one since I was fourteen.
    I do mostly residential... and I agree a 4 valver is both easy to use and convenient. Generally I plan my installs and repairs to button up the lineset early and let the pump chug for at least an hour. Lots of time I have gotten down into the 200's... with a rise to well less than 500.

Believe it or not... the Titan 2 has worked well for 6+ years (I have a set of replacement valves for it... have replaced the high side-red hose-once)... I replace my hoses every spring... a few weeks ago.
    When I use a CRT, I use Appions... they really do hold a vacuum better.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I do mostly residential... and I agree a 4 valver is both easy to use and convenient. Generally I plan my installs and repairs to button up the lineset early and let the pump chug for at least an hour. Lots of time I have gotten down into the 200's... with a rise to well less than 500.

Believe it or not... the Titan 2 has worked well for 6+ years (I have a set of replacement valves for it... have replaced the high side-red hose-once)... I replace my hoses every spring... a few weeks ago.
    When I use a CRT, I use Appions... they really do hold a vacuum better.
    I'v been using the AVG 2 micron head with an ETW2 trans to monitor vacuum on either my SC 57 or HG 3 as I do the metal work and wiring in the basement.

I was always a fuss butt about the micron level and never leave the CU til it was done. Took a while to build up the confidence to stay away from the CU and watch the evacuation remotely.

I

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Then why don't you put it on that one
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast