Hmm Troubleshooting Furnace Controls Problem

System: Bryant/Carrier 580AN042100 (580ANW042100AAAG) Pkg. Unit with LP Gas furnace. Equipped with Intermittent Pilot and OEM Johnson Controls Ignition Control Module, #G67MG-4 (LH33CZ (OE 2?)004).

Problem/Symptoms:
    Control cycles through pilot ignition and pilot ignites; pilot produced is a strong blue flame and flame rod glows red. After a short time (approximately 15-seconds) a chattering noise can be heard from the main gas valve, but no gas flows and the burner does not ignite. After about 10-seconds, the pilot is extinguished, and the induction fan continues to operate... unit stays at this condition until line power is interrupted.

Troubleshooting Results: With test meter placed in series with flame rod and flame sensor terminal on module, with pilot burning & rod red hot, two (2) micro amps are generated. The flame rod and wire ohm out OK (not shorted to ground; and no resistance from rod, through wire, to female push on connector). Throughout the sequence, there is never any voltage registered at the MV terminals; with the wires disconnected from the MV terminals, the main valve still chatters (so the chattering dies not appear to be related to anything coming from the module). The ignition module has a good ground.

What should I check next? Thanks.

Call a gasfitter/service tech.

If you are a pro you need new apply as such. you will get the help you are asking for there. If not, than call one.

No disrespect, Mike, get this post into the pro's section if you want answers.

Well thanks Moose, but I'm a licensed HVAC contractor. I'll admit in Florida we don't see many furnaces, but I'm also not a controls idiot. I was hoping to get some more substantive suggestions than just received.

For those stating I should apply for pro status, I have; status has not yet come through. Out of hundreds, I have one customer with gas equipment, and that's the one I'm working on. Heck with it; I'll sell him a heat pump.

That's not a Pro response..."If I can't fix a simple problem, I'll just sell 'em some new stuff that I understand". Answer like that tells us why you're not a Pro, and tells us why you're a hack.

Cool

Well I am a pro with 40+ years of experience and education to go with it. My remarks were tongue in cheek. I haven't posted on this site for several years and decided I would as, being in Florida, I don't do a whole lot of gas jobs; I was thinking Id' get some good tips from those who do work in gas. Instead, so far, all I've just received is a hard time. See ya!!