Expresso Makers

Thread: Expresso Makers

Expresso Makers

I have a local coffee shop asking me to consider adding expresso makers to my repair list. It seems that most are rented with service but several in town have older purchased equipment and closest person lives 100 miles away and charges mucho for travel.

I haven't really looked at one but it would seem that access and parts would be the only learning curve. The rest is fittings, pump, elements, heat exchager, tstat and controls and should be relatively short learning curve.

Anyone ever tried to work on one.

probably not a bad idea, the basics are fairly simple which translates to mostly simple fixes, lots of older imports that aren't supported any longer so trouble getting parts quick especially control boards etc. guess how I know. but they are expensive machines and people will pay to fix them. pipes

Lots And Lots Of Money In Coffee Equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by torch man View Post
    I have a local coffee shop asking me to consider adding expresso makers to my repair list. It seems that most are rented with service but several in town have older purchased equipment and closest person lives 100 miles away and charges mucho for travel.

I haven't really looked at one but it would seem that access and parts would be the only learning curve. The rest is fittings, pump, elements, heat exchager, tstat and controls and should be relatively short learning curve.

Anyone ever tried to work on one.
    Yep, work on them 2-3 times a month. Have customers who got tired of paying for the travel time that they had to pay. An espresso machine is basically a mini boiler that uses pressure to control temp. If you live in a hard water area you will be doing a lot of deliming of these units. Oh ever thing on them is metric so carry some metric wrenches.
    So you didn't ask, what you though was a stupid question. Now how, are you going to tell the boss about your stupid screw up?