Hmm Trane Variable Air Handler no power

I noticed a few weeks ago, that the disposable filters on my return were not getting dirty.

I checked the air handler today, and it was not on at all.

I reset the breakers for the Air Handler and the Condensor unit ( I also flipped the control outside the house next to the condensor just for kicks to the on position ).

Model 4TEE3F65A ( Mfr Date 4/2003 ).

I was looking to see if there was possibly a reset switch on the outside of the unit, with no luck.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated ! ( Hate to call in a AC tech and it ends up being something stupid ! ).

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary, or ask questions of the OP here.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by beenthere; 04-09-2013 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Non Pro * Member

kdr233, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary or ask questions of the OP here.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Your post has been deleted.
    Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by hsnewyork View Post
    I noticed a few weeks ago, that the disposable filters on my return were not getting dirty.

I checked the air handler today, and it was not on at all.

I reset the breakers for the Air Handler and the Condensor unit ( I also flipped the control outside the house next to the condensor just for kicks to the on position ).

Model 4TEE3F65A ( Mfr Date 4/2003 ).

I was looking to see if there was possibly a reset switch on the outside of the unit, with no luck.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated ! ( Hate to call in a AC tech and it ends up being something stupid ! ).
    Best advice would be to call a pro out to look over system. At this point you have done all you can and all you should do for a homeowner.

No sense in trying to figure this out because more then licky it a little more detailed then just flipping the power on and off. Call a pro you trust and let them come out and fix the problem and be done with it so you will heat and air.

You could look for days and still not find the problem but a tech is trained to find this issues and will no where to start to look.