Rheem RHC-TST401MDMS

New member here, and thank you in advance for any help.
    I have a few stripes over at ContractorTalk.com So if I can return any advice let me know.

Heres the deal. Installed new Rheem RGGD with a/c (no heat pump) fully modulating with RHC-TST401MDMS, in my own home, and something doesnt seem quite right.

1. RHC-TST401MDMS Thermostat doesnt read temp in real time..my digital thermometer raises 3-4-5 degrees before the Modulating t-stat raises 1 degree. It seems it takes about 30 minutes before the touchscreen t-stat catches up...Is this normal??

2. can someone verify the wiring for me? On the tstat I have B, O, Y2, Y, G, RC, RH, C, W2, W/E, 6, V

on the furnace I have W, V/W2, Y1, Y/Y2, G, C, R,

Am I supposed to put a jumper between W/2 and W/E on the tstat? If I dont have it there the heat only comes on in +2 mode..????

Otherwise I have (furnace 1st) W to W/2(with said jumper), V/W2 to V, Y1 to Y, Y/Y2 to Y2, G to G, C to C, R to RC (jumped to RH),

The guy I hired to do this install turned out to be a flake, so Im on my own at this point...

Sorry for the long winded Post but I sure could use some help here...Thanks

I guess I will call Rheem on Monday,, I was kinda hoping to fix this before then.. Its Cold here this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by mssi View Post
    Installed new Rheem RGGD with a/c (no heat pump) fully modulating with RHC-TST401MDMS, in my own home, and something doesnt seem quite right The guy I hired to do this install turned out to be a flake, so Im on my own at this point.

why are you on your own did you hire a hack to do your sidejob?

next question are you sure you didn't install it?

Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    why are you on your own did you hire a hack to do your sidejob?

next question are you sure you didn't install it?

I hired a guy that was highly recomended by a friend.. Has his own business, really knows his stuff bla bla bla.. guy would show up for an hour here hour there...you know the guy(so to speak) Took him 2 months to do the install. and he is still not finished. He Has a leak in lineset probably 1/2 of the 410 is gone..bunch of loose ends.

I would have been better off if I DID install it.. This is MY HOME NOT A SIDE JOB..but the guy is a hack...How would I have known when the 4-5 hvac guys I talked to around here said their way was best and they were all quite different than each other. I think these guys just make crap up as they go along....So anyway does someone know the correct wiring for this tstat since the furnace book and the t-stat book dont jive...Thanks

TST401MDMS to a modulating furnace

It is hooked up all wrong. Here is how to hook up a Rheem/Ruud modulating furnace (in my case a UGFD) to the TST401MDMS thermostat.
    They are listed in this order: Furnace, thermostat, outdoor AC (TO FURNACE!)

W - W/E

V - V

YL - Y - YL (Y1) two stage cool only

YH - Y2 - Y (Y2 if two stage cooling)

G - G

C - C - C

R - RH

The AC connections were not used in my case, no air conditioning. If a heat pump is added, other connections on the thermostat would be used.

A jumper in the thermostat between RH and RC is a good idea even
    without cooling, as this allows the thermostat to be lighted by the
    24VAC power and saves the thermostat battery.

NO OTHER JUMPERS!

The thermostat should be programed for MS 2 (multi-stage, no heat
    pump) and Gas before attempting the "special test mode for PWM (V)
    output".
    Last edited by reznil; 10-16-2007 at 11:44 AM. Reason: reformatted