+ Reply to Thread

Thread: elecro freeze

Post Likes

elecro freeze

had a call on an electrofreeze ice cream machine . noted the compressor a total ice dome from top to bottom , the machine was doing pretty good , but the call was the storage chamber warms when we get very busy . there are 3 expansion valves , called either manual or automatic set type . , flare type , original charge was 502 now 408a, . all 3 are very heavily rusted out on the spindle . one or more of these valve is flooding back ?. The propoasal is replace the 3 valves . My question do you guys know who makes this type of valve. what is the set pressure for this system . if i contact the manufactuerer monday are they very helpful . not done aslot with this equipment , but i do remember being told :dont adjust the valves:

Post Likes
    I have all the service info on these. Do you have a model #?
    Factory people are superb. I'm guessing this is air cooled, cylinders have priority over hopper when in heavy use if I'm not mistaken. Doesn't take much to over run air cooled models and then the hopper gets warm.

Post Likes
    thank you pmars i will get it monday when i am back in office, this is water cooled , the sight glass varies between bubbles ,and full and ocasional bubbles , depending on how many systems are calling , i dont think it is undercharged , but probaly flooding back due to worn expansion valves . at first glance you think the compressor is painted white . jim

Post Likes
    Do you KNOW it is flooding back? I would make sure the charge is correct. Wonder why it was converted from 502?

Post Likes
    502 not available around here , and there is a new water cooled condenser fitted in 2011 , so i reckon recharged when that was replaced and 408a is a typical replacement for old 502 systems . i am sure it is flooding back if it continues they will probabaly loose a compressor . As to the charge , it is not overchareged as the sight glass is rarely full . what would cause such total icing of the compressor other than floodback from the AXV .?. when the the water cooled condemser was fitted and the gas changed would the valves have needed adjusting ?.

Post Likes
    The valves could need adjusting. I have never converted an ice cream freezer from 502. It could be that the barrels are running pretty cold, by design, and therefore the suction could be running well below freezing and icing up (like any freezer). I would still think that the compressor wouldn't be COMPLETELY covered in ice though.

Post Likes
    ok fitted 3 new axv , now running really good , the 2 for the barrel were identical flare , so straight forward , the one for the storage compartment is now only available in sweat , and the location was never designed to solder in , that was a challenge not a pretty looking weld , but holding ok. tech support from the factory was useful . jim

Post Likes
    Electro-Freeze usualy pretty good at tech support... any AXV's are non settable but because of their nature being automatic they sense on pressure and are not adjustable
    I would first weigh in charge and watch them function. AxVs show wear 2 times faster than TXVs

Post Likes
    Umm, AXV's are most certainly adjustable! There are some nonadjustable ones that are model specific, but your standard AXV has an adjustment screw right on top.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    yes the axv were adjustable, and i had to set each one up individualy to electrfreeze requirements .

Post Likes

Electro Freeze 99T-RMT-232

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find service/repair training for me and my techs? We just got thrust into supporting a dozen of the Electro Freeze 99T-RMT-232 machines and we have all kinds of problems. Lot of red line hoses breaking. Product will not harden up. And others. So i am looking for classes or online videos we can watch to learn any troubleshooting techniques. We have called Electro Freeze tech support and it seems when they are not looking through repair manuals they are insulting us (like telling us to get a REAL technician). I have 30 years experience with commercial refrigeration and my guys all have at least 8 years so it really burns we cant get information on how to repair these things.
    Anyone know of any (hopefully good) courses on repairing these machines>???

Thanks!
    Cort - Tech Air Oakland Park, FL

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done. - Bruce Lee

Post Likes
    Attached Images Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in