NORDYNE heater elements glowing red hot when thermostat set to off.

Nordyne E2EB-015HA elements are coming on when the thermostat is set to off or even set to A/C. It glows red hot for a few seconds then the limit switch kicks it off, then on again and so on.
    I didn't see any broken or burnt wires. The A/C works fine but the heat is mixing with it. This is in a mobile home, and the thermostat is a digital DICO simple comfort 2010. Does anyone have any experiences with these units? Please help!

Get a tech out. We had a Nordyne heat kit nearly catch a furnace on fire couple weeks ago. Turn the breaker off til it is checked.

Quote Originally Posted by srryan1 View Post
    Nordyne E2EB-015HA elements are coming on when the thermostat is set to off or even set to A/C. It glows red hot for a few seconds then the limit switch kicks it off, then on again and so on.
    I didn't see any broken or burnt wires.

Please help!
    GIGANTIC HAZARD
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    I have vivid memory of flames coming out of heater coil at an industrial facility.

IT HAPPENS .. AND IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU.!
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Turn the breaker to the unit off and call for service. (It's not the thermostat)
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

I did but cant run the a/c now. Everyone is closed around my area.

Quote Originally Posted by srryan1 View Post
    I did but cant run the a/c now. Everyone is closed around my area.
    Lack of A/C is not an issue ... burning down your mobile home is known as A CATASTROPHE.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Update i tested the sequencer and it was bad replaced it and fixed the problem.