+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here comes the BOOM! Fieldpiece's Network of Wireless Test Tools!

Post Likes
    Two questions for Russell:

1. Is there an option to input airflow so the HG3 can calculate BTU output? Similar to the Testo 435.

2. What options are there to print results? Do you have to have the software loaded on a PC/Laptop?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    Two questions for Russell:

1. Is there an option to input airflow so the HG3 can calculate BTU output? Similar to the Testo 435.

2. What options are there to print results? Do you have to have the software loaded on a PC/Laptop?
    Yes you can calculate cfm off the FP vane anemometer.

You can down load the results to a widows program for printing. Don't think it will do the btu out put for you, though. Unless there was something I missed using mine.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Yes you can calculate cfm off the FP vane anemometer.

You can down load the results to a widows program for printing. Don't think it will do the btu out put for you, though. Unless there was something I missed using mine.
    To clarify, can you program in duct dimensions into the HG3 and it will average and display the CFM?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    To clarify, can you program in duct dimensions into the HG3 and it will average and display the CFM?
    With the AAT3 hot wire anemometer head, yes.
    http://fieldpiece.com/accessory-heads/aat3

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    With the AAT3 hot wire anemometer head, yes.
    http://fieldpiece.com/accessory-heads/aat3
    Yes you can.

Post Likes
    Great. Thanks for clearing that up.

If the HG3 gave me actual BTU output, I would buy it right now!

It's kinda a bummer that it doesn't have to that option. Maybe soon...*Hint, Hint*

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    Great. Thanks for clearing that up.

If the HG3 gave me actual BTU output, I would buy it right now!

It's kinda a bummer that it doesn't have to that option. Maybe soon...*Hint, Hint*
    you don't know how close to son you realy are.

Pretty soon no more K-types.

Post Likes
    You almost have my attention. I've been waiting to some good instrument company to put together a package of all encompassing digital readout for my benefit as someone who trouble shoots systems in the real world.

What I would like to see is an actual field application of these instruments including the number of instruments required, the actual time it takes to mount all the probes including access to the duct work, the method and time it takes to get all the instruments to talk to each other and, finally, the running of a split and package system including the time it takes for system operational stability so all the read outs actually mean something.

And I'm betting we are looking at around 1.5K in dollars of investment......if they all work like we think the money will truely be an investment and not just money spent to look good.

Show me some existing field techs out there now in different parts of the country with field use, please.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    You almost have my attention. I've been waiting to some good instrument company to put together a package of all encompassing digital readout for my benefit as someone who trouble shoots systems in the real world.

What I would like to see is an actual field application of these instruments including the number of instruments required, the actual time it takes to mount all the probes including access to the duct work, the method and time it takes to get all the instruments to talk to each other and, finally, the running of a split and package system including the time it takes for system operational stability so all the read outs actually mean something.

And I'm betting we are looking at around 1.5K in dollars of investment......if they all work like we think the money will truely be an investment and not just money spent to look good.

Show me some existing field techs out there now in different parts of the country with field use, please.
    Right here..

Post Likes
    Right here..
    First guy to post a video on the SDP2, HG3, SMAN4, and SC57 (or at least most of those) on a live system, I will hook them with every piece of Fieldpeice garb we got...And maybe then some...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    First guy to post a video on the SDP2, HG3, SMAN4, and SC57 (or at least most of those) on a live system, I will hook them with every piece of Fieldpeice garb we got...And maybe then some...
    Something like this, just out in the Field...

http://youtu.be/u8qVHNlCNpg

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    DUDE NOW YOU TELL ME!!!

I own all that stuff(and most of the FP catalog)and a coat and hat....but I was planning on doing a video any way.

That being said, assuming I were the first to make a video what other goodies are guys developing in you version of "Area 51" that would be of interest?

Post Likes
    DUDE NOW YOU TELL ME!!!

I own all that stuff(and most of the FP catalog)and a coat and hat....but I was planning on doing a video any way.

That being said, assuming I were the first to make a video what other goodies are guys developing in you version of "Area 51" that would be of interest?
    Just like area 51, that's top secret stuff.

And you can always use some update Fieldpeice threads so if you're first to video you'll grab'em!

Post Likes
    You guys have been more than generous to me..I'd be embarrassed to take any freebies.heck I even have the FP penknife and magnetic dish with the flashy FP logo.

That FP coat is awesome. I wore it to a supplier today and they wanted to know how I got it . Mum's the word.

Post Likes
    You guys have been more than generous to me..I'd be embarrassed to take any freebies.heck I even have the FP penknife and magnetic dish with the flashy FP logo.

That FP coat is awesome. I wore it to a supplier today and they wanted to know how I got it . Mum's the word.
    5646 is right! And we don't want to embarrass him!

So I'll take the goodies cause you would not embarass me at all.

I suggested the field video first anyway! And he's trying to smooze in on my territory!!

So, Mr. FB representative, I could use a new car. I promise I will get a license place with the letters FP on it too!
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.

Post Likes

I suggested the field video first anyway! And he's trying to smooze in on my territory!!

So, Mr. FB representative, I could use a new car. I promise I will get a license place with the letters FP on it too!
    No rush DeltaT he says he doesn't have a camera and the you tube channel with his user name isn't his
    Dr.Z will probably beat you to it though
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    No rush DeltaT he says he doesn't have a camera and the you tube channel with his user name isn't his
    Dr. z is the man on the new wireless stuff...but sometimes I wish he'd drink a little more coffee! J/K Z!

Really dig your FP tutorials!

Post Likes

Just make sure the car is American made!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Dr. Z already has ................ but I'm not going to tell anybody. I may get a new car our of this.............

Post Likes
    Second in gets to drive delta around and pay for gas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in