Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 66
  1. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    770
    All the SMAN4 is updatable and you may need to update yours to communicate with the HG3 and SDP2

    Here's a video how:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geFGAsUP-5g

  2. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    I picked up my SDP2 at the supply house late yesterday, got to use it a few times today, so far I really like it.
    It is WAY faster than using Testo 605-H2 humidity sticks, and I no longer have a concern about the insertion depth.
    The wands work great with the 1/2' test holes I already have drilled in all of my customers equipment.

    Now I guess I need an HG3.
    I have to pass on the SMAN4, as I've already got 5 working sets of digital gauges.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  3. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    3,824
    I like this whole system, until it was brought to my attention that I must calibrate the sman 4 eveyday!

  4. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,072
    I got the HG3 a week or so ago, Haven't used it yet. The SDP2 should be in tomorrow. Haven't decided about the sman4. I still haven't made up my mind about the Testo 570's. Only used them about 5 times, but got a weird reading on a cooler and the hi side temp isn't picking up. Still to cold in Maine to do AC tune ups. 90% of my work is refrigeration anyhow. Like to try to set up the HG3 in a cooler. Nah I guess not. Have a great day.

    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    I picked up my SDP2 at the supply house late yesterday, got to use it a few times today, so far I really like it.
    It is WAY faster than using Testo 605-H2 humidity sticks, and I no longer have a concern about the insertion depth.
    The wands work great with the 1/2' test holes I already have drilled in all of my customers equipment.

    Now I guess I need an HG3.
    I have to pass on the SMAN4, as I've already got 5 working sets of digital gauges.

  5. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,072
    What does it take to calibrate. I always zero the testo.
    Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    I like this whole system, until it was brought to my attention that I must calibrate the sman 4 eveyday!

  6. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    I like this whole system, until it was brought to my attention that I must calibrate the sman 4 eveyday!
    I haven't taken the time to research it, or test it yet, but the few times I've used my SMAN3 so far have made me wonder if they have any kind of temperature compensation for the thermocouple inputs.
    If they don't, they would require recalibration basically before every use if the temperature of the instrument changes from the last time they were calibrated.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  7. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wedged in freezer shelf
    Posts
    6,581
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    I got the HG3 a week or so ago, Haven't used it yet. The SDP2 should be in tomorrow. Haven't decided about the sman4. I still haven't made up my mind about the Testo 570's. Only used them about 5 times, but got a weird reading on a cooler and the hi side temp isn't picking up. Still to cold in Maine to do AC tune ups. 90% of my work is refrigeration anyhow. Like to try to set up the HG3 in a cooler. Nah I guess not. Have a great day.
    lytning if it was missing a SC or SH reading on some units if there is no SC or SH it will not read anything where others will show zero thru negative numbers for SC or SH but the actual temp should always read on temp screen.
    With refrigeration it isn't uncommon to read right around zero SC on some units or conditions.
    HTH
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  8. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    southern california
    Posts
    4
    hey guys maby this has been covered before cant find hg3 software to work with windows 8 anyone have any ideas? btw i love my sdp2 so quick

  9. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southern,Ca
    Posts
    487
    funny you say that, I just installed it on my windows 8 comp today and it worked fine? are you trying to update the hg3 or just install the software

  10. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southern,Ca
    Posts
    487
    your post got me all excited I thought Russell was posting the new phone app! Damn you!!!! :-)

  11. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Queen Anne, MD
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    Coolwhip,

    I've seen a whole kit that was blown up from an IUD in Lebanon that had shrapnel blown through in it and 90% of the tools including the HS36 still functioning.

    Russ
    An exploding intra uterine device sounds horrible

  12. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Charleston, Wv.
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by cal closer View Post
    hey guys maby this has been covered before cant find hg3 software to work with windows 8 anyone have any ideas? btw i love my sdp2 so quick
    a better idea would have been to post a new thread with the question rather than bring up a year old topic.

  13. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southern,Ca
    Posts
    487
    its all good, he's was just curious.
    Just got me excited though!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event