anybody usinf the fieldpiece hg3 wirelees?

i just ran across this in my head exploding analyzer search for my techs. is the combustion analyzer accurate? does everything work well? is it really as good as it looks?

I like a lot of Fieldpiece instruments, but based on their current offerings, I'd look somewhere besides besides them for a combustion analyzer.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    I like a lot of Fieldpiece instruments, but based on their current offerings, I'd look somewhere besides besides them for a combustion analyzer.
    that's the answer i was looking for. i want to buy 3 of them for primarily analyzing. i really like the options. it is perfect for beginners. i like being able to "build your own". and piece by piece is great for techs on a budget. i had a feeling the analyzer wasn't great. damn, it looks so perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    would it be good enough for a beginner to tune and diagnose simple combustion problems and cracked hx? for tough diagnosing they can use mine.

Quote Originally Posted by snupytcb View Post
    would it be good enough for a beginner to tune and diagnose simple combustion problems and cracked hx? for tough diagnosing they can use mine.
    Well, if you add the cost of the pieces to get CO(have to hand pump that one), and O2 readings, and something for checking draft pressure, having to take 3 separate readings with 3 separate instrument, you are basically at or over the cost of a Testo 310, or Bacharach Fyrite InTech combustion analyzer.

In their current form, Fieldpiece's current offering of combustion testing instruments is not worth considering, even for the extremely budget conscious.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.