Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Here comes the BOOM! Fieldpiece's Network of Wireless Test Tools!

Check out the video below

http://youtu.be/u8qVHNlCNpg

No offense, but all I see is more high priced digital plastic that will become junk/obsolete in a few years when the warranty runs out and the probes don't work. Then you pay a ridiculous price for replacement parts and have to wait 6 weeks because nobody stocks the sheit.

Don't get me wrong, I use digital meters....but I prefer analogues. I have meters from the sixties and seventies that are well made and have never let me down.

Will these meters last 40 or 50 years?
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Great video Russell. This makes the SMAN4 a lot more appealing. I like the way FP is headed with their instruments! Full system analysis is the way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    No offense, but all I see is more high priced digital plastic that will become junk/obsolete in a few years when the warranty runs out and the probes don't work. Then you pay a ridiculous price for replacement parts and have to wait 6 weeks because nobody stocks the sheit.

Don't get me wrong, I use digital meters....but I prefer analogues. I have meters from the sixties and seventies that are well made and have never let me down.

Coolwhip,

Time will tell. We've only been around 23 years, but do I see meters that were built in the early 90s working like champs. I've seen a whole kit that was blown up from an IUD in Lebanon that had shrapnel blown through in it and 90% of the tools including the HS36 still functioning. Pretty scarred, but still functioning. You are right that digital may be a little less tough than analog but generally analog (referring to gauges) just aren't as accurate. We run our stuff through its paces and the guys on here will tell you how they hold up, and save some trips up the latter...

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    Great video Russell. This makes the SMAN4 a lot more appealing. I like the way FP is headed with their instruments! Full system analysis is the way to go!
    Thanks Brent! And it ain't over yet...stay tuned...

I own every piece of gear in that lineup.
    And its a time saver.
    FP takes care of their customers and I have no problem with getting service the few times I need it. If I have a problem with an instrument I am up and running with a new meter the next morning.

I know guys who own model T cars too, but they don't drive them to work every day. Same thing goes for your sixty year old mters. They work great,,BUT are they TRMS and as accurate as a digital?

Like it or not wireless is the future. Fluke, Tseto, and all the leading manufactures have wireless meter that are top end quality.

I have an hs36 with a few attachment heads and they hold up like a champ. I'm not sold on the whole wireless deal though because I can write down my readings just as easily and I don't know of any customer that would care to look at a printout of all the measurements because they wouldn't know what it meant anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    I own every piece of gear in that lineup.
    And its a time saver.
    FP takes care of their customers and I have no problem with getting service the few times I need it. If I have a problem with an instrument I am up and running with a new meter the next morning.

I know guys who own model T cars too, but they don't drive them to work every day. Same thing goes for your sixty year old mters. They work great,,BUT are they TRMS and as accurate as a digital?

Like it or not wireless is the future. Fluke, Tseto, and all the leading manufactures have wireless meter that are top end quality.
    Good for you junior...I hope you amass the largest stockpile of digitalia and all of its planned obsolescence to go along with it.

These damn meters are like lennox circuit boards...a new one comes out to take the place of the last one thats only been out for a year...what a friggin racket.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Good for you junior...I hope you amass the largest stockpile of digitalia and all of its planned obsolescence to go along with it.

These damn meters are like lennox circuit boards...a new one comes out to take the place of the last one thats only been out for a year...what a friggin racket.
    Ok I am a Junior..I carry my fathers name...thanks for the input , old timer. You should really do something about that anger prob, Dudette.

No anger here...just laying out the facts.

Im sure the OP does not reveal all of the companies marketing strategies to us consumers. If they did, they would not be in business very long.

And if you were worth your weight in salt, you would understand where Im coming from.
    -- Confucius

digitalia.
    LOL

Will the probes for the SDP2 be individually replaceable?
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    LOL
    Uncle said Coolwhip/Eddie (Eddie?lol) has not been the same since that fat guy named Bob broke up with him.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast