Views: 331
Size:  66.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392682305.199737.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  80.8 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392682325.301737.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  79.0 KB
    Heating/Cooling Services Inc.
    www.andersonhvacservice.com

Looks great but I would show a little more pride with my pookie on a project like that.

Yeah my helper is a sloppy slacker. The media filter was thrown in at the last second so I had to improvise on the return drop.

Ya, I hear ya. These days I don't have helpers because I want to keep all of my hair . If I need equipment moved around or something I will get some help with that. Once it is placed? GTFO!!!!

I used to have a little bit of a temper, now I am relaxed as hell because I have perfected the art of work independence.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and hopefully you guys polished all those fingerprints off of the Tranquility.

We still have to flush the loop, start up and trim out. The guy has been building this place for 13 years so trim out might be a while, lol. I did wipe it down and will probably neatin up the mastic with more mastic (can't have too much). The guy basically wanted invisible ductwork for a 4 ton unit. We did the best we could and he kept his 10'+ ceiling most everywhere but the ductwork suffered a bit because of it. He only has to drop the ceiling in about 80sqft and do a couple furdowns here and there. If he had thought about HVAC in the design stage (13+ years ago) it would've been a lot better. He tried to get some hack to do it on the side in trade for a pool or something (ho is a pool guy) but the side jobber brought a bunch of materials out there and "roughed in" some flex and hacked in some boots, left his tools there and never showed back up.

Too much flex. Don't like P traps. Nice install. More time could have been spent on it, say the same about all of mine. I don't do many geo's, they require a lot of time. I hate geo's, try to never sell them. Never get your $$ return here, too much air to air stuff that works just as well. IMO geo's are technology that just never was improved. Only improvements from the original are staging and thats about it…

13 years - that is crazy ! bit off way more than he could chew !

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyed View Post
    Too much flex. Don't like P traps. Nice install. More time could have been spent on it, say the same about all of mine. I don't do many geo's, they require a lot of time. I hate geo's, try to never sell them. Never get your $$ return here, too much air to air stuff that works just as well. IMO geo's are technology that just never was improved. Only improvements from the original are staging and thats about it…
    I agree about the flex but otherwise we would have had to put metal in 2' sections downstairs. Could have hard piped the upstairs but again it would've taken a lot longer and not be any better than it is with flex. If flex is used correctly there's nothing wrong with it and its a hell of a lot quicker (most of it on this job is but there are some questionable spots where it's really crammed in tight spots but the ho didn't give us much room to work with and all plumbing/wiring etc was already in so it was tight). There's just not enough time to do every little thing on every job. We've got too many other things to do to take weeks on an install. We don't do too many geos either but this guy wanted it so he got it. I don't think there's anything wrong with "manufactured" p or j traps.

I find ones like used above sometimes don't have enough water in them. Seen them on bigger systems pull water up enough to make the trap "dry" and then not drain right. I like EZtraps but still make them deeper on some installs.

Static is plenty low enough to not cause the water in the trap to suck out. It's got 2-20x25 and 1-14x20 return.