Honeywell Redesigned Prestige IAQ

I was just wondering what you pros think about the new "Redesigned Prestige IAQ". My first thought is that they should have given it a better model designation, but maybe that's just me.

It looks like the primary changes over the Prestige 2.0 are:

1. Performance Logs - Keeps a history of heating and cooling performance. The performance log includes Minimum and Maximum Delta T, Minimum and Maximum Discharge Temperature, Minimum and Maximum Return Temperature, Minimum and Maximum Indoor Temperature/Humidity, Minimum and Maximum Outdoor Temperature/Humidity and Run Time. Quickly determine if the system is performing as expected and reduces service time on the job.

2. It now has 4 sensor inputs (up from 2 on the Prestige 2.0). This is nice if you want to do return temp, discharge temp, a water drain alert, and something else like maybe a warning for air filter blockage.

3. The thermostat form factor is now more like a "normal" size and shape - 4.5W x 3.5H x 0.88D (inches). From the photos, I'd say it doesn't look like a bump on the wall anymore.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Shape and main screen remind me of the Carrier Infinity. Now if they just had a 3 wire communicating standard for all makes, you could use it as a controller rather than a thermostat.

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 04-12-2013 at 08:41 PM. Reason: non AOP member

I'm going to a class on it next week. One salesman said changes were just cosmetic. is there lots more to the redesign than looks?

Doctorstone

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Sorry, i didn't realize this was in the AOP section. I searched for the redesigned prestige, looking for a discussion amongst techs and didnt pay attention to this topic's categorization. Many apologies.