Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Another Athiest survey

Wow. The first athiest survey have turned into a debate about the existence of God.
    That's OK but I will need to start another survey. What I really want to know is: Are athiests the next minority targeted for discrimination just as the other minorities have been discriminated against in the past? Such as muslims, gays, blacks, chinese and american indians (in reverse chronological order).
    The reason why I did not specify this in the first thread is because I wanted to see if anyone would show any prejustice toward athiest. It seems that a few did.

It's kind of a "Yes" or "No" question. So can we keep it short please? And please specify if you are:
    an athiest,
    an agnostic (don't know if there is a God or not),
    a christian that carries the bible where ever he/she goes (too bad we don't have many female here),
    a christian that only goes to church one in a while,
    a muslim,
    a buddhist,
    a pagan,
    a jew,
    etc.
    Also, I have heard that there are more athiests than jews in this country. If so, why are the Jewish Lobby so powerfull? What do you all think?
    Last edited by comfortmaster1; 02-03-2007 at 09:11 AM. Reason: add on more thoughts

what'll you have for dessert??? another turkey

too bad you're not on the DNC, another victim group...hooray!!! more votes for the perpetual victim. let me guess, exxon, halliburton and the evil right wing are the persecutors..
    employees of exxon, halliburton, kbr, walmart, kfc, union pacific, etc. they're all in on it....shhhh!
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

First, answer this, cm1. Who is doing the dscriminating against atheists?

I suspect the premise upon which you are seeking an answer is inaccurate.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Happy Atheist.

I have not experienced overt discrimination.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Christian.

I experience no real discrimination.

However, I believe Christians will be the next persecuted group here in America. The battle lines are already being drawn, & I think for the immediate future Christians will lose more legal battles than they will win. JMHO.
    WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    I experience no real discrimination.

However, I believe Christians will be the next persecuted group here in America. The battle lines are already being drawn, & I think for the immediate future Christians will lose more legal battles than they will win. JMHO.

I agree with you...
    Owner
    All-American Air Conditioning
    Vero Beach, Florida

To Qualify, I am a Christian. Though I don't carry my Bible everywhere I go, I go to church 2-3 times a week and am active.

Now...

I don't think Atheists have to be concerned about being discriminated against. The group that would have the most problem with atheists are Christians; but we understand that we are can practice our belief because we are free to, and atheists have the same freedom to choose not to believe.

Though I believe that they are making the wrong choice, I respect their right to make that choice.

A happy Christian

NO. Atheists will not be the next group to be discriminated against, en masse'.

Your question is pointless and the criteria used to decide what group is being discriminated against the most would require objectivity.
    What authority would you use to determine which group is being discriminated against the most?

About a dozen states have something in their constitutions that say that people who don't believe in god cannot hold office. You're damn right we are discriminated against.

Quote Originally Posted by braces4impact View Post
    About a dozen states have something in their constitutions that say that people who don't believe in god cannot hold office. You're damn right we are discriminated against.
    Links? support?

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Links? support?
    Well, now you've ruined his evening.
    He was just about ready to go snipe a few Christians, and now he's gonna' have to do some extensive googling.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrim...ainst_atheists

Highly unlikely that decades old opinions could be used as evidence in this outdated argument.

Go talk to your congressman. Hopefully, he'll be a devil worshipper and you'll get some modicum of satisfaction from him.
    Last edited by chillbilly; 02-03-2007 at 05:17 PM.

Google your damn self. I know the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by braces4impact View Post
    Google your damn self. I know the facts.
    If you're gonna make claims you should be ready to back them up.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast