Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3033343536373839404142 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    When we invade other countries we should understand how it will be interpreted by them, not how we will explain it away. Walking up to a gang member and saying "what" can get you killed. We won't do it because we know how it may be interpreted and you may end up dead. We seem to have a blatant disregard for other country's perception of us because we know they can't hurt us.

We can explain all day why we went into Iraq but we should take responsibility for their interpretation of it...just like with the gang member.
    The difference is Bush was speaking to the US people not to the Muslim world. I agree with your point completely, except for that. You walk up to your friend and say "what" even though a gang banger may be in the neighborhood.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by kefah View Post
    whole Islam world understood this word
    as war on psalm
    as the west when its understand Jihad
    is war on unbelievers
    the thing i want to explain
    bush shouldn't use any term which may have offensive mean to Islam
    or anyone else
    But it's okay for the Muslims to be offensive to everyone else? Perhaps Muslims are too sensitive and need to be less reactionary? The big picture and reality is, whenever anyone speaks, somebody can/will be offended. There is no way around that. What you see as offensive others don't. What I see as offensive, you may not. Unless it is said directly to me or about me, I can turn the other cheek and choose to ignore it. I don't have to declare a holy war over it.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    But it's okay for the Muslims to be offensive to everyone else? Perhaps Muslims are too sensitive and need to be less reactionary? The big picture and reality is, whenever anyone speaks, somebody can/will be offended. There is no way around that. What you see as offensive others don't. What I see as offensive, you may not. Unless it is said directly to me or about me, I can turn the other cheek and choose to ignore it. I don't have to declare a holy war over it.
    so when u know that these word are offensive to somebody
    why you use it
    as example i see the burning og us flag is offensive to us people
    so i deny that and ask the people a round me not to do that
    really some of my friend released that
    and they abandoned this work

so to american and west
    you know really that its offensive to Muslims to abuse their god or their prophet
    so the terrorist will make it an argument for acting criminal attack

why you doing that
    to solve the problem
    find the cause
    treat it
    and every thing will be ok

The difference is Bush was speaking to the US people not to the Muslim world. I agree with your point completely,.
    so bush talk to us people
    how the media will show it to Muslims
    how the terrorist will be very happy for thing like this
    to make an argument to do terrorist attack

you know really that its offensive to Muslims to abuse their god or their prophet
    I find this idea offensive - it is what I call idolatry - putting some idol - an idea, a name, a book etc - above the ordinary man - that offends me gravely.

Quote Originally Posted by thermophysics View Post
    I find this idea offensive - it is what I call idolatry - putting some idol - an idea, a name, a book etc - above the ordinary man - that offends me gravely.
    its not offend you

its not offend you
    You cannot say what offends another. Isn't this exactly what you were complaining about Bush? You can't have it both ways.

its not offend you
    It most certainly does offend me. It makes me raging bloody made - I am not kidding you.

My ancestors fought wars in Europe to free us from all the bloody stupidity.

I'm not going to let it be that so many in Europe died for nothing - just so that some other ass-hole god can come along and start all the same bull**** up all over again with idiotic blasphemy laws and all that after it took us 1700 years to get rid of all that evil.

It really really offends me that you will hold a book and an author of a book and god over and above your fellow man - that is to me a pure evil we managed to throw out of Europe centuries ago and we are much much better for it now.

You cannot say what offends another. Isn't this exactly what you were complaining about Bush? You can't have it both ways.
    he said he cannot respect my god or my prophet
    so i said the respecting will not offend you

Quote Originally Posted by thermophysics View Post
    It most certainly does offend me. It makes me raging bloody made - I am not kidding you.

My ancestors fought wars in Europe to free us from all the bloody stupidity.

I'm not going to let it be that so many in Europe died for nothing - just so that some other ass-hole god can come along and start all the same bull**** up all over again with idiotic blasphemy laws and all that after it took us 1700 years to get rid of all that evil.

It really really offends me that you will hold a book and an author of a book and god over and above your fellow man - that is to me a pure evil we managed to throw out of Europe centuries ago and we are much much better for it now.
    so you declare th ewar on islam and other religion

so when u know that these word are offensive to somebody
    why you use it
    as example i see the burning og us flag is offensive to us people
    so i deny that and ask the people a round me not to do that
    really some of my friend released that
    and they abandoned this work

so to american and west
    so the terrorist will make it an argument for acting criminal attack

why you doing that
    to solve the problem
    find the cause
    treat it
    and every thing will be ok
    If you are offended, that is your problem nobody else's. The definition of crusade was given to you. You choose to view it differently. I would say you are the one making it an issue. Your proclaimation of Allah being God is offensive to some, yet you ignore them and continue to say it. What is the difference?

so it will be war declare thewar on islam and other religion
    A war against religion - any religion - all religion - but only any and all that demand special treatment and any and all that wish to establish anything like a theocracy - a war against blasphemy laws and all that.

Indeed - god has no place in Europe - he is not welcome here - he brings only backwardness and ancient traditions that are a draining weight on our society - we instead want good people - we want intelligent heart warming ethics - we want peace and freedom for experimental progression - we want freedom to search the universe for answers.

my question to you
    at which year was the ancient Greek civilazation
    from which year to which year

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3033343536373839404142 LastLast